Would you take revenge on a car ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
User76 said:
Easy tiger. I was knocked off over the May Bank Holiday in 2007. I only started sleeping better in Nov 2008. As FatFella said, revenge is best served very cold, if you were going to seek revenge, which I wouldn't advocate at all, oh no.

Besides, I didn't try to get knocked off for some good footage!

Fair enough the incident was serious and you had a bad time recovering, I'm sorry to hear that. However your aggression is misplaced in my opinion. It should be directed at whoever didn't follow up any investigation properly etc. I really don't see the benefit of taking direct action against the perpetrator.

I'll ignore the last line.

Brains

Legendary Member
If you know where the car lives then the best 'minor' act of revenge is to let down a single tyre.

Multiple flats imply vandalism and the owner simply pumps them up again.

A single flat implies a puncture, the owner will need to swap out the spare and get the original off to the shop to to be 'repaired' (which costs a lot more time and money). They then need to swap the wheels around again.

Arch

Married to Night Train
mickle said:
I have never ripped off an aerial and whipped a car with it, I've never snuck out at night and poured milk down the vents of a car, never knocked door mirrors off, never ripped off a windscreen wiper, never thrown my bike at the windscreen of a bus, never walked across the roof of a car parked in my way nor have I ever kicked a drivers door so hard that the window smashed. I've never even removed the keys from the ignition through the open window of a car and dropped them down a drain. Nor would I ever do any such thing. Your Honour.

Was that all the same incident! (not)

I would think of revenge, but, once one of those stupid little boxes has gone past, how can I distinguish it from another? They all look pretty much the same to me. I would write & complain, if I ever remembered the vehicle registration as far as getting home or to work, but I don't so I don't.

Even the bugger who hit me in November, then chased after me and threatened to kill me until the Police turned up, I couldn't tell you what the car was, nor describe the man concerned, beyond telling you he was a runty blowhard.

If we were to take revenge on every bad driver on LOndon's streets, it'd be a full time job. Perhaps we should employ a Force of people who could Police the situation?

As if!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think its a bit of a release to imagine what you would like to do to them... I never have the courage to carry it out, beyond a thump and a shout. And my one great act of vandalism was to put a sticker on a car window asking to drive more considerately - one that was hard to remove:evil:.

col

Legendary Member
summerdays said:
I think its a bit of a release to imagine what you would like to do to them... I never have the courage to carry it out, beyond a thump and a shout. And my one great act of vandalism was to put a sticker on a car window asking to drive more considerately - one that was hard to remove:evil:.

Did you use egg yoke to stick it on with? :biggrin:

mickle said:
I have never ripped off an aerial and whipped a car with it, I've never snuck out at night and poured milk down the vents of a car, never knocked door mirrors off, never ripped off a windscreen wiper, never thrown my bike at the windscreen of a bus, never walked across the roof of a car parked in my way nor have I ever kicked a drivers door so hard that the window smashed. I've never even removed the keys from the ignition through the open window of a car and dropped them down a drain. Nor would I ever do any such thing. Your Honour.

And i suppose you've never placed a cigerette lighter up a cars exhaust pipe either?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
col said:
Did you use egg yoke to stick it on with? :tongue:

No they are just really annoying labels to try and remove... they come off in tiny pieces rather than one large piece.

TwickenhamCyclist said:
And i suppose you've never placed a cigerette lighter up a cars exhaust pipe either?

What does that do then... ? Rattle / fall out or something more?

col said:
Just call the police and tell them a car is blocking a fire point and exit and you cant get in or out, It would be towed away wouldnt it? That would make a point they seem to remember, in their pocket.
Yeah tha't probably what a neighbour done; I never had enough time to wait for the Police myself. We had a similarly parked car another time, not blocking the access / hydrant but blocking the communual bin. The bin men were straight on the blower to have it moved something evil in me :biggrin: probably wanted to gloat but unfortunately I had to get to work; they've never done it again though :wahhey:

col

Legendary Member
TwickenhamCyclist said:

Or maybe " A banana up the tailpipe " which film then? :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
HLaB said:
Yeah tha't probably what a neighbour done; I never had enough time to wait for the Police myself. We had a similarly parked car another time, not blocking the access / hydrant but blocking the communual bin. The bin men were straight on the blower to have it moved something evil in me :biggrin: probably wanted to gloat but unfortunately I had to get to work; they've never done it again though :wahhey:

To be a fly on the wall eh? Bet their faces were a picture :biggrin:

garrilla

I've heard of cyclists spitting on driver side door handles of cars that are parked in cycle lanes, of cyclists chasing down cut-and-runs and giving the car/van a kick, of cyclists pursuing serious offenders - the deliberate tried to knock me off type - for their back windscreen shattered

These could all be urban myths but I hear its a tough world out there and its eat or be eaten.

Top Bottom