Would you try and out run a police officer on a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soup890

Crazy
Say for example he was cycling and he flagged you down. You had a lighter/carbon bike all the works and the officer was on a standard bike. Would you give it sum and go like the clappers?

Remember the officer is on a bicyclist

Custom24

Über Member
Remember the officer has a radio

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Nope, I'd stop. Google 'police bike chases' to see the standard method for a police car to stop a cycle or motorbike and, as mentioned, he may have a shoot bike but he's also got a decent radio.

Of course, if I wasn't sure it was me he was as flagging down, I'd continue as I was until I was positive.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
What would be the point of evading the police on a bike? You would have to be sure you were pretty close to your destination so that a later patrol doesnt pick you up (but in a car this time). And the police would be very likely to be in the area the same time the next day (so dont do it on your commute!). Plus you would most likely have to change your kit and bike so that they dont even question you about it in the future.

screenman

Legendary Member
I suppose this links in with your " do you carry a weapon post"

In answer no I would not as I have nothing to worry about.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Don’t assume all plod are overweight and on bikes as a punishment either. There’s some who like it and are quite good.
Mate of mines plod. She has this tattoo:

7b7f29753d89a5daf1a18e1de4c7e301.jpg

And she’s earned the right, several times.
Mind saying that, the amount of times I’ve seen her, off duty, riding on the pavement!

thecube

Well since I don't break the law whilst riding I doubt i'd have much to hide. So, if the policeman was pursuing me he might have a reason, so i'd wait. But of course i'd expect to out-pace him /her in a sprint!

Top Bottom