Would you use a repaired tube?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I repaired a punctured inner tube with a patch. I'll order a new tube as I'm out of spares, but as it's bank holiday weekend it won't be here for a while. I was thinking of riding it for a few days, out of necessity, with this repaired inner tube. The tyre has retained its pressure, but my question is, is it wise to ride with a patched tube? Is the patch liable to shift at the slightest jolt, leaving me with a puncture again?

Drago

Legendary Member
I use mine until they have 3 patches. When they get that 4th puncture, they get recycled into bondage wear.

I use mine until they have 3 patches. When they get that 4th puncture, they get recycled into bondage wear.
I love how your still able to maintain some air pressure though even after the 4th patch :laugh:

Untitled.png

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I now use the self sticking patches and find them very good. To be fair, I have very few punctures, can't even remember when the last one was.
Done it now, tempting fate. :sad:

:smile: photos please.

I do seem to remember hearing of a Sheffield local cycle mag of old that now and again featured women in old tubes. Presumably fell victim to a certain shift in publicly expressable ideas.

Personally i keep going until i reach patch upon patch or a patch fails. Whyever not?

keithmac

Guru
Vulcanising solution and proper patch will be as good as a new tube. Bit of grated chalk over the top to prevent any exess adhesive bonding to the tyre and you'll be sorted!.

We use vulcanising solution and tyre repair mushrooms on motorcycle tyres as well, permanent repair and back up to full speed rating..

Top Bottom