Wrapping Bike in cling film??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Will be doing a 250 mile each way trip to see some relatives and plan to take the bike on the rack on the back of the car,

Last time i did this journey in winter the bike was unbelievably grimy by the time we got there so I have had a brainwave of wrapping the whole bike frame drivetrain wheels everything if possible in cling film.

Anyone tried this ?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Seems a lot of effort for little gain.

I'd get me some Tesco value babywipes (about 25p) and give her a once over when you get there.

carpiste

Guru
Try covering it in a tarpaulin sheet.I take mine over to France and it gets a lot of dust,grime but the tarp protects it.........and it`s cheap :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Usually take the front wheel off and putit in the back but taking 4 of us this time so cant do that.May be able to get the wheels in the boot with luck.

think I will give it a go.You can clean off the frame easilly enough but last time the chain and cassette etc were really thick with road grime.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Banjo, sounds a good idea to me. Go for it. Shouldn't take that long. No need to go overboard with the stuff.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Are you serious?!? Its a bike. They get dirty. Life goes on!

My initial thoughts entirely...
But there again, why not if you've got the time.

asterix

Comrade Member
It's an interesting idea! I'd just do the drive train and stuff like that.

Used to carry my bikes on the back and be fed up when they arrived dirty (having started off nice and clean). I guess the that's the upside(!) of roof carriers, a bit less dirt at that level. Ideally, put it inside of course.

Tell us how you get on!

Top Bottom