Wussed out this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A lovely ride in today: no rain and the winds were behind me. This evening, it looks like I'll be riding through an upright sea with slots in being pushed around by strong winds. Still, nice warm shower when I get in and maybe a scotch after dinner and I'll be right as rain.

BentMikey said:
To anyone driving whilst feeling groggy under the effects of medication makes me want to shout angry words!!!!!

Oh oh! :angry:

My throat infection still hasn't cleared, despite a week's worth of antibiotics, so I'm still taking the train. Not too bad, but really really want to be back on the bike.

Tharg2007

Veteran
BentMikey said:
To anyone driving whilst feeling groggy under the effects of medication makes me want to shout angry words!!!!!

driving in through heavy commuting traffic is stressful, taking a couple of valiums before hand makes it a joy xx(:evil::angry:

hackbike 6

Made it ok,was a bit depressed so I needed that ride anyway.Guess I have a cold after spending 6 hours with a manager last week who had a cold.Chain ok.Bought spare powerlink chain.

nickb

Guru
I'm never tempted to wuss-out. On the odd occasion I have to take the car to work, I'm grumpy all day.

On days like today, I just take it a bit easier. Once I'm all dressed-up in my waterproofs, I really enjoy cycling in the pouring rain, although the head-on wind is another matter :angry:

Tharg2007 said:
driving in through heavy commuting traffic is stressful, taking a couple of valiums before hand makes it a joy xx(:evil::angry:

Valium?!? A few drinks is all you need.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
As another recumbent trike rider I don't have a problem with wind in terms of cycle handling although it was very hard work cycling into wind on my way to University this morning. The main problem was I kept getting leaves blown into my face with a big wet slap!

robz400

Thought about taking the car today espeacially as my legs are aching after the weekend.

Glad i didn't wuss out, I set a new pb to work this morning! :angry:

I am a little concerned about the jorney home though xx(

gavintc

Guru
I did 140 miles this weekend - so when I looked out the window at the rain and wind, it became a train day. The weather in Glasgow has been so mixed today. There is actually sunshine and big cumulus clouds out there just now. Looking west down the clyde, it is so dark and foreboding - rain and more rain coming in. But, tomorrrow will be back on the bike.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
today's ride was fine, especially as i caught the cows crossing, nearly half a mile of traffic with nowt oncoming. sped my way to the front of the queue, just in time for the last daisy to cross the road. magic :biggrin:

Top Bottom