Wussed out this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pinkkaz

Veteran
User1314 said:
Forecast now says light rain for London after heavy rain was promised this morning.

I swear they just look out of the window, see the weather as is and declare that to be the Forecast.
:biggrin: That's what I was thinking.

It wasn't too bad in London today, although cycling through Hyde park into a headwind was a real effort (not helped by the posh car who overtook me and almost skimmed my arm grrr).

But it's now looking very dark and drizzly outside so I MIGHT have to wear the jacket on the way back. Hmmm.

Hope the wind hasn't changed direction while I've been at work!

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Wussed right out I'm afraid :biggrin:

OP
OP
J

J4CKO

BentMikey said:
To anyone driving whilst feeling groggy under the effects of medication makes me want to shout angry words!!!!!

That was my point, by the time I was alert enough to drive, having had a coffee a shower etc I was too late to bike in, I wouldnt drive or cycle if I didnt feel right, I make sure if I have a beer session I dont drive the following day as well, there are enough dozy twats on the road without me adding to it.

hackbike 6

Considering I had a headwind I seemed to do it in the same time as normal.

robz400

I made it :smile:

Wasn't too bad, i didn't notice any wind but it was pissing it down. I felt really fit after loads of miles at the weekend and it ended being one of the most fun commutes yet:smile:

Even overtook someone going up the hill :wacko::biggrin:

Moose

After yesterdays ride into a headwind I knew today was going to be a 'rest day'. Glad it was as the journey back today would have been into the headwind and at the time I normally leave it was tipping it down as well.

monnet

Guru
I had enough of a headwind this morning to slow me down by a couple of minutes. THis evening was worse though - heavy rain, wind and the realisation that I really do have to shell out on a new winter jacket.

Tynan

Veteran
never yet wussed on a commute, once you start passing because of weather you'll be wussing on all sorts of excuses

remember a journey once through snow (in London!!) where I had to stop every mile or so to clear frozen snow from under the mudguards and brakes

Top Bottom