Xmas, do you like it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flakey

The Christmas holiday from work (just under a fortnight starting today) is the longest period of the year I get without the hassle of getting up at sparrow fart or having to face 5 hours of commuting every day. So while the day itself holds little importance to me I love this time of year. I hope to run and cycle every day. Oh... and eat my body weight in Quality Street 😊

I like the fact the roads are largely devoid of angry motorists on some days, during the period, I like the time off / down time, and I like the Christmas parties, the whole ‘Christmas’ thing is a bit ‘meh’ though.

keithmac

Guru
I've managed 1 weeks holiday this year so nigh on 1 1/2 weeks break is long overdue!.

Always liked Christmas, especially now I've got my wife and two children to share it with.

We have a mates reunion night, one lad came from Singapore this time round. Happy times chatting about the past!.

Money wise this ones been a drop in the ocean this year!.

Nothing not to like really.

I can understand why people enjoy it, but I loathe this time of year. I don't know if it's the lack of daylight or the pressure to conform or the proximity to my birthday or what, but my mental health takes a massive battering around this time of year.

Last year I decided that I couldn't face it at all and spent the entire day on my own. Much nicer, until the guilt trips started from family members.

Sincerely hope you have a lovely time, folks!

Dave7

Legendary Member
I/we have never done christmas, mainly as we simply dont believe there is any truth in it.
For some reason our daughter and her family love it and for the last 3 years we have been coerced into going there for christmas day lunch which I find awkward.........nice but awkward.
This year Mrs D and myself are not well (full of cold) so have ducked out.
We have not really eaten for 3 days so christmas lunch may be a cheese butty at most:blink:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I don't dislike it as much as I loathe New Year...
I, too, am not particularly keen on New Year.
I don't like Christmas as much as I did when I was a kid, then my parents ran a newsagents, a seven days a week job, and Christmas Day was more or less the only time of the year the we could all be together for the whole day. That was the best bit of Christmas for me.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I haven't counted but this thread seems to be showing that 50% of people don't enjoy Christmas. I wonder if other religions have similar levels of dissent at their major festivals?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I enjoyed Christmas as a child, and, when our children were actually children, but, don't really like it now. Too much hassle. ;)

I like New Year even less......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's the only time I can have two weeks off without going back to a stack of work and emails. I enjoy Christmas for a break. Although, only just getting over two weeks of 'the lurgy'.

For the first time in 15 years or so, we are having Christmas at home, just the 4 of us. The rest have mainly been looking after FIL/MIL, but IL is now in a nursing home, and it's not her last Christmas again (had this every year). Will go to see her in the morning before popping the turkey in the oven.

Top Bottom