Yer 'avin' a larf - !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Recently I posted a comment about a pal at work who had the rear wheel come off a brand new bike bought from that 'well known high street bike retailer'.
Anyway , he was out on the bike he'd been supplied as a replacement about a week earlier; a higher spec, more expensive etc., etc., and one of the pedals sheared off completely - ! :eek: :cursing:
Took it straight back and had a full refund.

Why did he trust them a seconded time.

He is lucky only the pedal came off.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
This happened a lot to the Japanese as they got closer to Singapore on their bicycles during WW2. They had to deal with the occasional allied artillery shell mind. But those stubborn buggers kept going...

I guess what im trying to say is avoid Halfords...

Drago

Legendary Member
Pre ride checks. Jumping in/on any vehicle and automatically expecting it not to try and kill you, and then being surprised when one day it does, is not a recipe for a long and healthy life.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
That happened to me about 12 years ago. Bought a new Carerra, got about 8 miles from home in the middle of woods and a pedal sheared off. I had to use my shoe lace to tie one foot to the working pedal, and limped home using one leg

Venod

Eh up
A few years ago I was out on an old MTB, the crank came loose, I had no way to tighten it, I was about a mile from Halfords, so I called in, the mechanic sourced a new crank bolt and torqued it correctly, no charge.

Top Bottom