Yes, I made a mistake but there was no need for that!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mallory

sorry it doesn't show up on taptalk iphone app

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The only way to avoid it is to stay on the promenade right to the end.
I know. There is a little path from the Police station to the A55 (small bridge) which then crosses the Prom road, and finally takes you onto Min-y-don Ave.
TBH I dont understand why I should let one little incident get in the way. 9/10 times I negotiate it well. And if I go when there wont be much traffic, I shouldnt have the same problem again.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I know. There is a little path from the Police station to the A55 (small bridge) which then crosses the Prom road, and finally takes you onto Min-y-don Ave.
TBH I dont understand why I should let one little incident get in the way. 9/10 times I negotiate it well. And if I go when there wont be much traffic, I shouldnt have the same problem again.
Also if you approach it ALWAYS on the left hand side of the road, as you are going ahead, you wont have any problems.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Also if you approach it ALWAYS on the left hand side of the road, as you are going ahead, you wont have any problems.
Unless someone overtakes me ON the roundabout.

The problem is that with these little roundabouts, it is difficult to get into a lane because there isnt always two there (there should be though). I will just plan a route to avoid this now.

Monkreadusuk

Über Member
I only realised I was in the wrong when he pointed it out. The reason I went to speak to him was the way he passed me.

I am just the same when on the road. For years I have felt the need to try and point out others errors on the road. If I am cut up or someone causes me to have to take evasive action I want them to know about it.

But I have came to realise that no amount of education will change some of lifes idiots. All it does is take my mind off my driving and onto thiers.

This time last year I was sat in Southampton Hospital waiting to see if my younger brother would live after a car accident. This was down to driver error, maybe even due to an aggressive overtake because some driver cut him up. He wasnt the driver, but just proved to me that a very small moment of poor judgement can alter someones life forever.

From then on I try my utmost to ignore other peoples mistakes. By all means I will hit my horn to make them aware im there and hope that they learn themselves but nothing more.

The same goes for on the bike, I may horn someone when I get an airzound fitted and I may throw my hand up in disgust, but the only time I will engage in a conversation with them is if the initiate it.

Look after yourself, you are number one.

My job has taught me that you never know how a driver may react. I taken my fair share of abuse and assaults from motorists I've tried to educate at work. Not worth the hassle.

Top Bottom