Yes, I made a mistake but there was no need for that!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
*Sigh* made a little mistake but thinking a car was turning left at a roundabout so I decided to filter past them. I was then besides them in the right lane (not really two lanes there) and lo, they went straight on. They then tried to undertake me (parked car got in their way) and so they then barged past me on the right.

Roundabout: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=e...id=BjfLctQ-yqYUwU6beOxFPA&cbp=12,81.52,,0,7.4

Followed them just to have a little chat (been a while) and the driver made some sound points. He said that the left lane is for going straight on and he wasnt indicating left (agreed). I said that it was my mistake being in the right lane but he shouldnt have barged past.
He said he wasnt trying to knock me down, he just didnt know where I was going.

I concluded with saying "If you didnt know what I was doing then why didnt you just slow down and give me room?" The driver clearly didnt understand this so I then left.

I admit that I was in the wrong but he should have just held back.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I've done that before. Best thing to do is apologise immediately.

redcard

Veteran
I'm sure you put up a video a few weeks back showing you in the wrong lane on a busy stretch of road. It was quite worrying how exposed you were on that road. Not sure if it was the same road, but it looks similar.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I think it's always a bit scary when you misread what a car is doing and so your filtering/overtaking ends up outside of the main flow of traffic and can be hard to reassert yourself. :smile:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I'm sure you put up a video a few weeks back showing you in the wrong lane on a busy stretch of road. It was quite worrying how exposed you were on that road. Not sure if it was the same road, but it looks similar.
Was it when I was overtaking cars? If so then it isnt the same road.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I did admit to the guy that I was in the wrong lane and he quoted the highway code (rightfully so). The incident was genuinely my mistake but his attitude wasnt the best. His overtake was far too close to me though.

I concluded with saying "If you didnt know what I was doing then why didnt you just slow down and give me room?" The driver clearly didnt understand this so I then left.

Or if you didn't know what they were doing (only you did and release you were in the wrong) slow down and avoid the whole 'incident'.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I am not going to upload the video because there is enough of them on here and it will just cause arguments.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
If you was in the wrong, due to dodgy positioning - I don't understand why you iniitated a 'chat'. Raise a hand to acknowledge your error, if you feel you should. Engaging in discussion then moaning when the driver didn't react in the way you wanted him to, was a waste of time imho. These engagements are going to keep on happening and one day you will find somebody who is less forgiving. Life is too short mate - just get on with riding, imho. Stay safe out there!

Lee_M

Guru
this is matt_t, if he doesnt have an altercation every other day I think he doesnt think the ride counts!

Top Bottom