Yes, I made a mistake but there was no need for that!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
If you was in the wrong, due to dodgy positioning - I don't understand why you iniitated a 'chat'. Raise a hand to acknowledge your error, if you feel you should. Engaging in discussion then moaning when the driver didn't react in the way you wanted him to, was a waste of time imho. These engagements are going to keep on happening and one day you will find somebody who is less forgiving. Life is too short mate - just get on with riding, imho. Stay safe out there!
I only realised I was in the wrong when he pointed it out. The reason I went to speak to him was the way he passed me.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If you're willing to have a dig at any driver who cuts a corner and other minor transgressions then I'd just suck it up if I was you.

mathew , do you not realise that had you not made a mistake he may not have passed you so close ,i wasnt there so i dont know for sure . one thing i DO KNOW , at the risk of sounding repetative , you seriously need to CHILL OUT,before some random motorist knocks you out . im sorry if that sounds harsh but unfortunately its happens and i wouldnt like to read one of your posts titled "how long was i in intensive care"

Brandane

Legendary Member
You probably know this already MatthewT, but the biggest mistake you made today - was posting about it on here!

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Clearly all this town riding has got to me and a momentary lapse of concentration and I have a guy nearly hitting me.
I'm going back into the countryside. Much more uneventful there.

PK99

Legendary Member
Clearly all this town riding has got to me and a momentary lapse of concentration and I have a guy nearly hitting me.
I'm going back into the countryside. Much more uneventful there.

But Matthew, it was not a momentary lapse of concentration:

*Sigh* made a little mistake but thinking a car was turning left at a roundabout so I decided to filter past them. I was then besides them in the right lane (not really two lanes there) and lo, they went straight on. They then tried to undertake me (parked car got in their way) and so they then barged past me on the right.

You had a number of points where you had decisions to make and you made the wrong ones - including following the guy and confronting him

Crankarm

Guru
Glad to read you survived this one. It might be better to cut out the chats with drivers as you only need one to take exception and go postal on you which would mean game over for you. We don't want that to happen to you. Chillax.

Sigh, I don't believe you lot. Matthew's thread title sums it up perfectly. He clearly admits his error, so everyone getting on their high saddles with advice after the fact is a bit tiresome. But what's with all the victim blaming? Making a positioning error in traffic is something we all do from time to time on bikes or in cars, but it does not, repeat not, make it OK for other drivers to then behave dangerously.
Now I know this forum divides sharply between those who like to 'have a word' and those who do not, but that's another debate altogether. Given that Matthew is one of the former, as I see it he is entirely reasonable in questioning the driver's subsequent behaviour - especially as he admitted fault for his own error.
Victim blaming appears to be a big crime on this forum . . . unless the victim is Matt.:smile:

Top Bottom