Yet more real steel. And definitely some titanium too.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But it's a Warrior's drink!
The warriors are entirely welcome to it! :biggrin:

There are still many, likely permanent, downsides, caused, as mentioned elsewhere, by the sheer scale of what was done to me. A great deal of peripheral nerve damage, with altered sensations or numbness from navel to toes. Altered bowel/bladder sensations, quite apart from the constipation. At the first stage on Jan 20th, they shaved me from navel to about where underwear would end on my thighs. None of it has grown back, so that looks pretty weird...apologies for whatever picture that presents in your minds!
And inevitably, as with all fusions, the joint just above (there aren't any left below!) suffers extra stress and wear and tear as it tries to take up some of the lost movement.
There are certainly days that I think I was nuts to do this voluntarily, but strolling around town usually cures me of that, just because I now can stroll!

classic33

Leg End Member
There are still many, likely permanent, downsides, caused, as mentioned elsewhere, by the sheer scale of what was done to me. A great deal of peripheral nerve damage, with altered sensations or numbness from navel to toes. Altered bowel/bladder sensations, quite apart from the constipation. At the first stage on Jan 20th, they shaved me from navel to about where underwear would end on my thighs. None of it has grown back, so that looks pretty weird...apologies for whatever picture that presents in your minds!
And inevitably, as with all fusions, the joint just above (there aren't any left below!) suffers extra stress and wear and tear as it tries to take up some of the lost movement.
There are certainly days that I think I was nuts to do this voluntarily, but strolling around town usually cures me of that, just because I now can stroll!
It might never grow back in some areas.

It might never grow back in some areas.
It still hasn't. At least it's not visible to all!

In further news, the last two weeks have been house/cat sitting, and exercise has dropped off somewhat. This next week-and-a-bit is house/dog sitting, so the miles will go back up a good deal. Daily step target now at 3000, today was over double that, but don't want to overdo it. Weekend after next, retrieve bikes and begin the process og getting them back to serviceability. The Scott will just need a clean, check, and lube. The Marin will be getting a significant rework. Later, a carbon fork with a nice long steerer for the Scott.
Progress is good, although as mentioned, there's already some damage to the joints above the fusion. Essentially unavoidable, but annoying nonetheless.

classic33

Leg End Member
It still hasn't. At least it's not visible to all!

In further news, the last two weeks have been house/cat sitting, and exercise has dropped off somewhat. This next week-and-a-bit is house/dog sitting, so the miles will go back up a good deal. Daily step target now at 3000, today was over double that, but don't want to overdo it. Weekend after next, retrieve bikes and begin the process og getting them back to serviceability. The Scott will just need a clean, check, and lube. The Marin will be getting a significant rework. Later, a carbon fork with a nice long steerer for the Scott.
Progress is good, although as mentioned, there's already some damage to the joints above the fusion. Essentially unavoidable, but annoying nonetheless.
I'm still waiting for it to grow back in places 23 years(10th August '99), after it was removed.

5.3 miles walked today, best since surgery.
Somewhat tired...
:biggrin:

Top Bottom