Yet more real steel. And definitely some titanium too.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Because so much of the NHS isn't joined up, I cannot access the same sort of support that is possible when treated locally. However, after some trawling through the local NHS websites, I found a support team for Tavistock. Based in Exeter, it seems. Oh well..
Just now, completely unannounced, a physio turns up on my doorstep! Bit of a surprise to say the least...This has taken weeks to happen, largely due to them prioritising phone contact. Bad news if you're deaf. But it has happened, so well done NHS!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just now, completely unannounced, a physio turns up on my doorstep! Bit of a surprise to say the least...This has taken weeks to happen, largely due to them prioritising phone contact. Bad news if you're deaf. But it has happened, so well done NHS!
Great that you're getting physio but that is crazy... Drive miles to help someone and risk getting there to discover that they are not in! :wacko:

My private dentist sends me multiple reminders of appointments by text and email to make sure that I know/remember that an appointment is coming up. I would expect that a physio's office would do the same!

Too much walking yesterday. Birthday for friend at Pie Street in Totnes. By the time we were home, 4.26 miles. Slept rather well, after more than average amounts of pain meds.

Bit of an update.
As the fusion solidifies, I can move more easily with less pain. Still averaging six or seven miles a week walking. Have driven the car! Pain meds down to occasional paracetamol. Biggest problem, starting on Jan 20th, was and is constipation. I'd hoped that the absence of opioids would help, but it's unchanged, so need to talk to someone about that. I'm thinking that things got a bit more disturbed than they should have at the first stage op, from the front.
Still not drinking much alcohol, just an occasional glass of wine. Strangely, a pint of lager goes down as well as ever, but don't drink many of them anyhow!
Actually making plans in my head for the bike now.

Bit of an update.
As the fusion solidifies, I can move more easily with less pain. Still averaging six or seven miles a week walking. Have driven the car! Pain meds down to occasional paracetamol. Biggest problem, starting on Jan 20th, was and is constipation. I'd hoped that the absence of opioids would help, but it's unchanged, so need to talk to someone about that. I'm thinking that things got a bit more disturbed than they should have at the first stage op, from the front.
Still not drinking much alcohol, just an occasional glass of wine. Strangely, a pint of lager goes down as well as ever, but don't drink many of them anyhow!
Actually making plans in my head for the bike now.

Couple of pints of prune juice sound in order.!

Top Bottom