Yet more real steel. And definitely some titanium too.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
On a more positive note, talk the walker out for a spin around the nearer part of Tavistock, accompanied by Mrs DC. Something I now must do more of, although ridiculously tiring. GP surgery have cocked up bloods. Should have been sent for Hb as in anaemia, instead sent it for HbA1c as in diabetes. D'oh. £10 cab fare wasted.
:angry:

Can’t they send someone to you to take the repeat bloods? My parents have both been leeched at home fairly recently!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Can’t they send someone to you to take the repeat bloods? My parents have both been leeched at home fairly recently!
My blood tests were done at home for the first couple of months until I was well enough to travel.

Buck

Guru
If you speak to your GP and ask them to mark you as Temporarily Housebound.

They should be able to organise for the District Nurse or Domiciliary Phlebotomy team to visit you and take bloods. (*depends upon what service and pathway is agreed in your local area)

TBH this should have been set up as part of your discharge.

Hebe

getting better all the time
I suppose it is still very early days in your recovery. Do you have any timescales for physio or checking in with the surgeon?

I suppose it is still very early days in your recovery. Do you have any timescales for physio or checking in with the surgeon?
No physio prescribed. Physio tends to be not a lot of use for backs anyhow. Next appt 14 March.
It is early. A much lesser fusion, they might say it's all done in a year, and that was my previous experience. This...is a very different prospect.
Yet another positive note: nice easy day, little pain. Always a good thing!

Actually no, the idea that they might is so far outside our GP experience that it never occurred to me. But I will!
Actually, I won't. We'll go down in a cab, then have a gentle walk into the Meadows and feed the ducks, we'll have some hot chocolate as well.

Actually, I won't. We'll go down in a cab, then have a gentle walk into the Meadows and feed the ducks, we'll have some hot chocolate as well.
Done. Kiosk was shut, so no hot choc, so decided on a 'Spoons small breakfast and a quick tour of the charity shops, or until had enough. Did a few, then home. Just over 2500 steps, or about a mile. Progress! But boy, don't I know all about it...
:biggrin:

@DCBassman can I join you on the road to recovery, since Wednesday when I fell or should that be slid off my bike I’ve broken my wrist, 6 weeks for bone to heal and then up to a year for soft tissue, tendons etc.
Plonkers put drawing pins on the path causing an instant front tyre blow out, f all I could have done!!
Jeez, that's horrific. There are not bad words enough for people who do such things. An off is one thing, but this is equivalent to being attacked. Hope the wrist isn't too badly mangled and heals cleanly.

Top Bottom