Yet more real steel. And definitely some titanium too.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Three days home now. Still utterly wiped out. Trying to sort out mobility aids is easy for some things, impossible for others. Wheeled walker? Hire one round the corner. Toilet seat raiser? Hours spent chasing from number to number. Bought the bog-standard (!) one myself, as it's available on Amazon Prime.

Three days home now. Still utterly wiped out. Trying to sort out mobility aids is easy for some things, impossible for others. Wheeled walker? Hire one round the corner. Toilet seat raiser? Hours spent chasing from number to number. Bought the bog-standard (!) one myself, as it's available on Amazon Prime.

As a much younger man in my mid forties a 40 minute hernia op knocked me for 6 for a good 4 weeks.
The pain meds etc - whilst abosultely necessary - do cause that numb / exhausted/ light headed feeling.
So hang in there - you seem to be on track ..(in relative terms)

Best wishes.

Appreciate it's really early days - not allowed to carry anything over 10lb for at least 3 months, for example - but it's hard. Some of it is due to relative unsuitability of the home environment when mobility is impaired. So things are actually harder in some respects than when I left hospital.
I also think I've just not taken on board the sheer magnitude of all this in terms of the effects on a body.

Appreciate it's really early days - not allowed to carry anything over 10lb for at least 3 months, for example - but it's hard. Some of it is due to relative unsuitability of the home environment when mobility is impaired. So things are actually harder in some respects than when I left hospital.
I also think I've just not taken on board the sheer magnitude of all this in terms of the effects on a body.

But you seemed to have remained in good spirits throughout - which can't be easy under the circumstance.

A huge (But gentle!) pat on the back.

Additionally, tomorrow is suture removal day. It's a single continuous suture in a wound 30cm long, so that's a lot of nylon! The next day, I'll be able to shower almost normally, wonderful!

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I’ve not been too active here this past week. But great to hear you’re home, making progress and will be able to shower soon !

I also never fail to be amazed, embarrassed (At how I’d be….) and in awe of how well you appear to be handling all this. Fair to say I’d be a quivering, mumbling, self pitiful ball of negativity…..

Continued best wishes 😎

Top Bottom