Yet more real steel. And definitely some titanium too.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All going in the right direction @DCBassman ?

Sending positive vibes to you
It's...bumpy. The trend is positive, but only just. I expected more by now, if I'm honest. Shedding weight fast, perpetually cold. Awaiting bloods including Hb, which was in my boots on discharge. Some days I walk, others I can barely breathe, it seems. It is very cold here right now, which doesn't help. A few more degrees and warmer nights would certainly make me feel better. The 'feeling cold' bit is not just a feeling either. While still in Southmead, the pulse/ox wouldn't work well, resulting in one nurse using a toe to get a reading. That problem persists; poor circulation at the periphery. Given that I shed most of my blood and had it poured back in, it's not really that surprising, I suppose, but feeling nicely toasty...forgotten how that is.
To add insult to injury: the worst constipation you can imagine!
:biggrin:

It was never going to be quick, I've simply under-estimated the sheer amount of damage done in getting my spine straight, most of which I'm certainly stuck with. You pays your money...

All uphill

Still rolling along
It has got a lot colder the last couple of days.

Your body has had an enormous shock and understandably is probably sulking.
Sounds like hot water bottle time!

Very best wishes.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Some days I walk, others I can barely breathe, it seems. It is very cold here right now, which doesn't help.
It's horrid, isn't it, but at least you are walking (even though with difficulty)! I took at least a month to get to where you are now, so (hopefully!) that should mean you will get better at a quicker rate than I did. 3 or 4 months made a big difference as the body cleared the clots.

I found the cold air very uncomfortable in my battered lungs that whole winter. They were much more comfortable the following winter. I started wearing a buff over my mouth and nose to warm the air slightly as I breathed it in and out.

A few more degrees and warmer nights would certainly make me feel better. The 'feeling cold' bit is not just a feeling either. While still in Southmead, the pulse/ox wouldn't work well, resulting in one nurse using a toe to get a reading. That problem persists; poor circulation at the periphery. Given that I shed most of my blood and had it poured back in, it's not really that surprising, I suppose, but feeling nicely toasty...forgotten how that is.
My sister in Devon is having a lot of maintenance work done on her old cottage so the 2 radiators in the lounge have been temporarily disconnected. As a result, it was bloody chilly in there on my recent visit when the log burner was not in use. She bought an electric blanket-type cover to keep us warm on the sofa. I was quite impressed how warm it was for a power consumption of less than 1/8 kW, so, what's that - about 5p an hour to run? It might be worth you investing in something like that?

Last edited:
Madam Lexi is a most excellent head & neck warmer (my thinking cat), whereas Madam Poppy likes to share jumpers and onesies. Both come with various other apps installed, including mouse_catch, ham_check and late_night_zoomies. :biggrin:
Sox is, in reality, feral, and is only as friendly as she is after 20 years of careful study...in other words, we rate a heavily-qualified "maybe"!

@ColinJ the DVT and PEs are actually a minor problem for me, for which I'm grateful. Walking is tricky because of sheer instability. What works one day causes agony the next, that sort of thing. It feels like I'm trying to balance my entire upper body on my spinal cord, as if there's no support whatever. Another time, almost completely normal. It's frustrating.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sox is, in reality, feral, and is only as friendly as she is after 20 years of careful study...in other words, we rate a heavily-qualified "maybe"!
That is a very old cat! :eek:
Normality (presumably as described by heavy lifting) is a minimum 9 months.
Does a bass guitar count as 'heavy'...? :whistle: (I suppose that you could always sit and prop the bass up on your leg?)

On a more positive note, talk the walker out for a spin around the nearer part of Tavistock, accompanied by Mrs DC. Something I now must do more of, although ridiculously tiring. GP surgery have cocked up bloods. Should have been sent for Hb as in anaemia, instead sent it for HbA1c as in diabetes. D'oh. £10 cab fare wasted.
:angry:

Top Bottom