Yet more real steel. And definitely some titanium too.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah, I was so fast I couldn’t do anything. It was like sliding on ice except I was riding CX Pro’s so went from grip to nothing.

8D0F16AD-6762-40FE-86D0-3A6F4403FBB2.jpeg

Could have had £250 from UBF as I jumped back up and on but didn’t realise chain had bounced off so when I went to pedal away I fell on other side.

It was the icing on the cake of the commute where I’d battled wind and rain for 9 miles, falling within a 1/4 mile of work, smashing my phone screen and then working for 8hrs thinking it was a sprain not a broken triquadlatetal wrist bone.

Need to get the carbon fork and steerer checked over on the vanquish as it was pretty hard fall!

Other odd things about this whole episode...
Due to the sheer magnitude of the surgery, I'd decided to bin alcohol several days in advance of the first op, to ensure a clean system. No problem. Didn't bother with any in the short interlude before the big one, either.
When I got home, had a mouthful of bubbles for Mrs Dc's birthday. Following night's meal, glass of red. One sip. Disgusting. Still the same. So that's a bit of a bummer...
I'm also still plagued by instability, which can cause spasms that make me yell loud enough to wake the neighbours. Hope that buggers off sharpish...
But progress is still being made, no doubt of it. End of next month, I should be clear to drive again.

Hebe

getting better all the time
Being able to drive again will be a great milestone. I’m guessing that cycling will still be some time off after that?
Sorry about the alcohol. Will the instability resolve as you get more mobile?

Being able to drive again will be a great milestone. I’m guessing that cycling will still be some time off after that?
Sorry about the alcohol. Will the instability resolve as you get more mobile?
Cycling, I'd guess, will be July earliest. Instability: will discuss this with the surgeon soon, but I'm hoping it's just time, care, and mobility, as you say. Alcohol? Not actually sure I care about that!

Hebe

getting better all the time
I expect a lack of alcohol can only help your recovery. I stopped a couple of years back and don't miss it at all. Especially when I realised how much money I was saving.
Summer riding is something to look forward to. Maybe you'll be up to some late spring fettling beforehand 🤓

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As @Hebe says life without alcohol leaves more money for other things. Bikes and guitars, of course.
Very true... I didn't/couldn't drink during my long illness and it seemed like a bad idea to start again when I got well enough to.

11 years later, my weight is down by over 60 pounds and my finances up by over 25,000 pounds! :laugh:

Oh, and I haven't had a hangover for 11 years, which is nice too... :okay:

All uphill

Still rolling along
Very true... I didn't/couldn't drink during my long illness and it seemed like a bad idea to start again when I got well enough to.

11 years later, my weight is down by over 60 pounds and my finances up by over 25,000 pounds! :laugh:

Oh, and I haven't had a hangover for 11 years, which is nice too... :okay:

I'm similar, but I don't know where all the money I saved has gone!

Top Bottom