Yet more real steel. And definitely some titanium too.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eeeeek!!! :ohmy:

Sending leg deflation vibes from all of us here chez Casa Reynard xxx :hugs:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Today's activities include ultrasound scan of leg, scan of lungs, hoping to find nothing. Unlikely. Very breathless this morning, to the extent of can't be bothered even to eat, and that sure as hell isn't me...

Oh, crap!! :eek:

I hope that you can stay on the anticoagulants to help your body deal with/prevent any unnecessary clotting. Obviously, that is tricky after surgery though.

Fingers crossed that what the scans reveal is not too scary.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They're not going to intervene surgically, there's been enough cutting this month! So it's toes-above-nose plus anticoagulants.
Even though it is bad news, that is probably better bad news than surgical intervention!

I asked why they didn't operate to remove my clots and was told that they only do it if they think that the risk from the clots is higher than the risk from the surgery, which they did not.

They obviously caught your clots very quickly. I recovered fairly well the second time after prompt treatment. Hopefully, your recovery will be similar.

There are a number of former DVT/PE sufferers on CycleChat who, like me, are back on their bikes and enjoying their cycling. I hope that you soon join our gang!

I come down to Exeter about 4 times a year. Maybe one day we can meet up somewhere in the 'far south west' for coffee and cake!

Even though it is bad news, that is probably better bad news than surgical intervention!

I asked why they didn't operate to remove my clots and was told that they only do it if they think that the risk from the clots is higher than the risk from the surgery, which they did not.

They obviously caught your clots very quickly. I recovered fairly well the second time after prompt treatment. Hopefully, your recovery will be similar.

There are a number of former DVT/PE sufferers on CycleChat who, like me, are back on their bikes and enjoying their cycling. I hope that you soon join our gang!

I come down to Exeter about 4 times a year. Maybe one day we can meet up somewhere in the 'far south west' for coffee and cake!
Sounds like a plan!

Hebe

getting better all the time
Crikey, that all sounds like very much the wrong sort of exciting. So will you be staying in for a bit longer? Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Later yesterday evening, I was hauled off in my bed for a thoracic CT scan. There are clots in both lungs, which explains a few more symptoms.
Lots of others start getting involved at this point, so it's likely going to be another busy day.

Hang in there pal

best wishes hope you turn the corner soon

Top Bottom