Yet more real steel. And definitely some titanium too.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
Try a rolled up towel pressed into your stomach. Not a cure but a help!

Nurse “made” one for me - a hand towel rolled up tightly and then taped with micropore to help (I had just had major abdominal surgery)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Reminder to everyone: Do not tell @DCBassman any good jokes until healing is complete!!

Ok, today they've been attempting to get me off home. BUT...you cannot leave until "you've had your bowels open". Horrible phrase. Anyhow, said plumbing refused utterly to cooperate, leading to the Ultimate Hattie Jaques Punishment....enema!
And now they've gone to all this trouble, everything has returned to normal, as if I were staying! it's all gone quiet...too quiet.

Ok, today they've been attempting to get me off home. BUT...you cannot leave until "you've had your bowels open". Horrible phrase. Anyhow, said plumbing refused utterly to cooperate, leading to the Ultimate Hattie Jaques Punishment....enema!
And now they've gone to all this trouble, everything has returned to normal, as if I were staying! it's all gone quiet...too quiet.

Hang in there big man.

All the best !

Godammit more bureaucratic codswallop. I'm still stuck in Southmead because they want a second pre-op assessment for Monday's op. Why could they not have called for me this Monday just gone? No, they wanted me on Friday, even if that meant me going home, coming back for pre-op, then home, then back for op. 500 miles of driving, which the surgeon has in any case forbidden. It's the small un-joined-up bits like this that make the NHS so unwieldy

Godammit more bureaucratic codswallop. I'm still stuck in Southmead because they want a second pre-op assessment for Monday's op. Why could they not have called for me this Monday just gone? No, they wanted me on Friday, even if that meant me going home, coming back for pre-op, then home, then back for op. 500 miles of driving, which the surgeon has in any case forbidden. It's the small un-joined-up bits like this that make the NHS so unwieldy

Don't know the finer details - but pre ops need to be within a certain timeline v the surgery.

Considering one of the tests is that you must be well enough to undergo the surgery - you can see the logic. Although the timescales do seem bizarre in your case.

I don't know hold you are - but certainly for older people the pre op is sometimes only valid for 3 or 4 days.

Don't know the finer details - but pre ops need to be within a certain timeline v the surgery.

Considering one of the tests is that you must be well enough to undergo the surgery - you can see the logic. Although the timescales do seem bizarre in your case.

I don't know hold you are - but certainly for older people the pre op is sometimes only valid for 3 or 4 days.
I'm 70. The original pre-op was last September...
Despite that, the main reasons for redoing the entire thing were MRSA swabs and cross-match bloods. Neither of which the pre-op team could do, because I was an in-patient! So the ward I was sat on had to do all that. Why? No clue. An hour after doing this yesterday morning, I was off home! Then I have travel back again Sunday for Round Two on Monday!

I'm 70. The original pre-op was last September...
Despite that, the main reasons for redoing the entire thing were MRSA swabs and cross-match bloods. Neither of which the pre-op team could do, because I was an in-patient! So the ward I was sat on had to do all that. Why? No clue. An hour after doing this yesterday morning, I was off home! Then I have travel back again Sunday for Round Two on Monday!

Hang in there. It wasn't never going to be greatest couple of weeks.

Good luck for Monday.

Top Bottom