York environs October ride - *25th October*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Arch said:
What, all of it? Blimey, you're keen...:biggrin:

as mustard! :biggrin:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Shaun, would it be worth putting reference to your birthday in the thread title (like you did on yours). It might attract a few from out of the area. I'm sure people would be willing to travel to meet the great Admin:biggrin:.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HelenD123 said:
Shaun, would it be worth putting reference to your birthday in the thread title (like you did on yours). It might attract a few from out of the area. I'm sure people would be willing to travel to meet the great Admin:biggrin:.
I've already floated the idea of a CC Ecosse trip :bravo: for exactly that reason.

longers

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
It might attract a few from out of the area.

I reckon I can get over in November -apart from the first w/e- if all goes well.

I'll keep an eye out as it would be good to meet him and you lot.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ok, how about we say there'll be a ride on the 25th Oct for those who can, anyway, and Admin's birthday ride might have to be in November? (in which case we could restart a separate thread) Or the 11th OCt, and I'll have to think about Cycle 09 - I'm wavering at the moment.

So, 25th. Who's up for it, and where do we want to go?

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I can't make the 11th, it's Ollies birthday

25th looks better...

It's so much trouble trying to organise a ride (nicked from cafe)

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIEbI9fiwPM

Shaun

Founder
November would probably be better then.

I'll start a new thread for my birthday ride then. :smile:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ok, I scoped out a ride yesterday, suitable for the 25th Oct, if people fancy it. I thought we'll take the East Yorks folk a little further out of their comfort zone towards the setting sun, and go west.

I need to recce a bit more, after I've bought the map for that bit, but yesterday I did just about 50 miles (that included a slight detour:blush:) with the potential for morning tea/coffee at 15 miles, lunch at about 25 and afternoon tea at 37ish. Morning tea and lunch aren't that far apart though, so I'll see if it can be tweaked, or change the potential lunch, but I've found THE nicest little bit of cycle track that ends up at THE oddest retail park ever (think Hobbit Town), complete with cafe. I got back to York by about 4pm, is that ok? I reckon we all better carry lights just in case, anyway.

The final cafe closes end of October for the winter, so I think we should try and go for it.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
*bump*

I've now bought the next OS map along, so I'll be going out at the weekend to suss out Knaresborough (which is just off the edge of the York map)....

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Are you talking about Thorpe Arch Retail Park and the bike path into wetherby ?

If you need to know about the cycle routes from wetherby to knaresborough let me know as I cycle around that area all the time and there are a couple of good cycle paths you can use.

Top Bottom