FNRttC York to Hull Friday Night Ride - 23rd June 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is a pre registration advance warning for anyone thinking of coming along on this ride and wanting to enjoy such delights as seeing the largest Gothic cathedral in Northern Europe; cycling below the level of a canal, viewing what is possibly the blankest square kilometre marked on OS maps in England; and, if you can stand the excitement, having the chance to ride, for free, on the 8th longest single suspension bridge in the world!

Cheap train tickets are available for getting to York on the Friday, and then returning from Hull on Saturday. Although bearing in mind Hull is this year's City of Culture, and there are lots of events on, you might want to stick around for a few days and soak up some .......culture.

There are a few train web sites, which let you book bike spaces at the same time as getting a ticket (provided you reserve a seat), such as Hull Trains, Virgin East Coast or TransPennine Express.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
A word to the wise: if you can't get your bike its own booking out of Kings Cross on the Friday evening you can remove the wheels, wrap the frame in clingfilm and leave it in the guard's van as an item of luggage, then take the wheels with you into the train (prob best to wrap them in something just to keep your hands clean).
There's a nice Pizza Express in York where we tend to congregate and eat before the ride, which is one of the very best we do: extremely flat, interesting and if you've never ridden over the Humber Suspension Bridge in the dawn light you've never lived.
And for Gnarly Members, you can ride 300k back to London along the route of LEL. If you plan to stay the night after the ride, remember the Ibis hotel lets you in at midday but the Travelodge is a bit cheaper but you can't get in until 4pm.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Duh. Just spent 5 mins on the FNRttC website looking for the link to send an email.

Note to self: read things properly.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Tickets aren't available just yet, according to either the National Rail or Hull Trains web sites…should be later this week though.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Can I throw my name into the hat please? I missed the last one and know the York-Hull FNRttC has had a break, so looking forward to another night ride. ^_^
Pay your massive £2 annual sub and you can join us on all of the rides! Prob best to sign up for news updates, via thr website, as they go out first, and CC & Facebook come later.

Shaun

Founder
Pay your massive £2 annual sub and you can join us on all of the rides! Prob best to sign up for news updates, via thr website, as they go out first, and CC & Facebook come later.
Done - and taken advantage of the affiliate link to renew CTC subs too. Thanks. :okay:

wanda2010

Guru
Questions for The Ride Leader:

1. Is the route Brommie friendly?
2. If so, could I use mine given my slow pace (despite spinning like a loon at times)?

Cheers

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Have put the journeys in my "basket" as I'm really keen to do this, one of our finest, love the bridge crossing (last time was heading north on LEL). Not sure if I might stay up for a day or so as it's the "city of culture" thingy. Need to sort out other commitments, which I'm trying to wriggle out of.

Top Bottom