Yorkshire posse, anyone up for December?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Guru
Spandex seemed interested when I mentioned it to him. Can I let you know in a couple of days? I think I'm turning into a fair weather cyclist so wouldn't fancy going too far if it's wet and windy:sad:. Saying that, I really need to get 180 miles in before the end of the year to hit 2500 for the year.

Armegatron

Hi all, fairly new to the forum :biggrin:
Im interested in cycling with some like minded individuals and thinking I might join you lot if thats ok?

The only problem is that Im wary I aint as fit as I think I am and will hold everyone up. :biggrin:

Is this to be a leisurely ride or something more "intense"?

Mike

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm still up for it, if it's on :?:
Just need to figure out how to fit the bike rack on the car roof now :biggrin:

Weather looks like it will be dry, but chilly :biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
mike.pembo said:
Hi all, fairly new to the forum :laugh:
Im interested in cycling with some like minded individuals and thinking I might join you lot if thats ok?

The only problem is that Im wary I aint as fit as I think I am and will hold everyone up. :biggrin:

Is this to be a leisurely ride or something more "intense"?

Mike

You'll be fine joining us. We dont race :ohmy: It will just be a nice leisurely ride with the occasional cake stop :biggrin:

Bandini

If you are venturing in a south Easterly direction, I might be tempted to meet up and say hello. Is coming out Pocklington/Market Weighton way an option?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bandini said:
If you are venturing in a south Easterly direction, I might be tempted to meet up and say hello. Is coming out Pocklington/Market Weighton way an option?

Oh, the magic words:biggrin:. I can feel the Balloon Tree cafe coming on.... What do you reckon, Solty?:biggrin:

Mike, really, we are pretty leisurely. I'm no racer, and tend to pick the least hilly route I can. If we went to Pocklington and back it would be 40 miles or so, if we only went as far as Stamford Bridge, it would be 20ish and it can be mostly flat to either destination. I'd say we average 10-12 mph. You'd be most welcome.

Helen, absolutely, let me know.

Bandini, do you have a range to stick within, were you thinking of cycling to meet us, or driving? If the weather was crap, Pocklington might be further than we fancy. Or maybe not....

How about we provisionally say 10am at the Minster as normal, and see what the weather does. Solty, York may well be packed with hysterical last minute shoppers, so beware your normal car parking being full.... The Park and Rides should be fine, that's relatively early...

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Arch said:
How about we provisionally say 10am at the Minster as normal, and see what the weather does. Solty, York may well be packed with hysterical last minute shoppers, so beware your normal car parking being full.... The Park and Rides should be fine, that's relatively early...

The bike will be on top of the car from now, so the usual car park would be a pain anyway with the 6' hight barrier :biggrin: Was thinking of the park & ride, just adds a few more miles, is there a decent cake stop between P&R & the minster :biggrin:

Bandini

Arch said:
Bandini, do you have a range to stick within, were you thinking of cycling to meet us, or driving?

I will be cycling - Pocklington, scenic route, is probably about 50 miles round for me - so wouldn't want to go much further right now.

But don't worry if it is not viable - I am sure I will see you all on a later ride. :biggrin:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Ping: Bandini - Spotted in Beverley Morrisons last Sunday about 14:30. Bike outside, you were wearing glasses and a blue top, trousers tucked into socks?

ICMP

colly

Re member eR
If nothing comes up between now and the weekend I might just tag along too if that's ok with you flatlanders.:biggrin:

I may cycle over and, if you go to Pocklington, perhaps ride back from there.

Anyway I'll keep an eye on whats organised.

Bandini

ComedyPilot said:
Ping: Bandini - Spotted in Beverley Morrisons last Sunday about 14:30. Bike outside, you were wearing glasses and a blue top, trousers tucked into socks?

ICMP

Yup! High tec, me! Jam me cords in me socks and off I go! I think Comedy Pilot is another Yorkie that can do Pock, Arch and co. :biggrin:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Sorry can't make it, relatives every weekend up to xmas!

Have a great day, xmas & new year to those I don't see

(knicking thread a bit)
Anyone (E-Yorks) fancy a night ride /drink before xmas?

Thought we might set off from Beverley up to CP's local, like last years ride??? (CP you will need to be the 'pilot' if free?)

Helen managed to hit my 2500 miles tonight:smile:, oh the joy of night riding.

Top Bottom