Yorkshire posse, anyone up for December?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bandini said:
I am looking forward now - are you going to make it the balloon tree?

You know it, just outside Stamford Bridge? Is that do-able for you? Or we can have our first stop there and meet you and CP in Pock...

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
craigwend said:
Sorry can't make it, relatives every weekend up to xmas!

Have a great day, xmas & new year to those I don't see

(knicking thread a bit)
Anyone (E-Yorks) fancy a night ride /drink before xmas?

Thought we might set off from Beverley up to CP's local, like last years ride??? (CP you will need to be the 'pilot' if free?)

Helen managed to hit my 2500 miles tonight:smile:, oh the joy of night riding.

I am game. Just need a dry night, and I'll ride down, meet up, ride to South Dalton, have a brew, then drop you all off in Beverley before riding home.

Bandini

ComedyPilot said:
I am game. Just need a dry night, and I'll ride down, meet up, ride to South Dalton, have a brew, then drop you all off in Beverley before riding home.

Hope I am not gate crashing, but definitely up for that too. I might even squeeze a cheeky one or two in Bev too. 20th-23rd would be great for me.

Bandini

Arch said:
You know it, just outside Stamford Bridge? Is that do-able for you? Or we can have our first stop there and meet you and CP in Pock...

Ah - thought it was in Pock. Pock might be better if you lot don't mind meeting us there? The extra 15 miles might be the straw...!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bandini said:
Ah - thought it was in Pock. Pock might be better if you lot don't mind meeting us there? The extra 15 miles might be the straw...!

Well, if the others are up for it, I'm game for Pocklington - we know a good cafe...

When we did Admin's birthday ride, we got to Pock about 1pm, having stopped off at the Balloon Tree on the way. I'll PM my mobile number to you and CP, and we can make a firm plan by the end of the week maybe.

Everyone better come well prepared with lights - it was getting dark when we got back last time - although we did spend a lot of time in the cafe, partly due to the nice chat, and partly due to overrunning the poor girl making the sandwiches... If it comes to it, there's the shorter (but not so nice) way back that cuts some distance off.

We could, I suppose, cut out the Balloon Tree on the way out, that might cut out a half/threequarters of an hour, and try to catch it on the way back instead.... Or, shock/horror, not go there...

What would people prefer? The route back isn't too bad in the dusk, and if we get away from Pocklington quicker it'll be lighter...

HelenD123

Guru
If we know we have people to meet in Pock I don't mind missing out the Balloon Tree. It would give us more of a chance of getting back before dark.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
If we know we have people to meet in Pock I don't mind missing out the Balloon Tree. It would give us more of a chance of getting back before dark.

Yeah, I thought that - better to have more time to sit and natter in Pock...

I'm hoping to bake on Saturday, so may even be able to bring some cookies to sustain us.

HelenD123

Guru
Fingers crossed I'll be able to get some miles in then. I need another 180 to get to a nice round 2500 for the year:smile:. It's going to be touch and go whether I make it.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'd rather be back in york before dark. I'm planning on coming on the CC bike & i've no good lights to fit on that :smile: just my cheap cateye front
So I reckon we can cut out the BT ;)

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Bandini said:
Hope I am not gate crashing, but definitely up for that too. I might even squeeze a cheeky one or two in Bev too. 20th-23rd would be great for me.

22nd or 23rd better for me?

How about you CP & anyone else? (Helen,Solty,Veloc,etc...)

;)

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Me too.

Given that last time we lit the sky for miles, I don't think I need lights :evil:

Looking at a route now, (not as long as last time - more time in the pub)

Also doing a thread so as not to hijack this one

zacklaws

Guru
craigwend said:
22nd or 23rd better for me?

How about you CP & anyone else? (Helen,Solty,Veloc,etc...)

:evil:

Not sure where I'll be first part of that week apart from I won't be working, but the chances are I will be in Northallerton that week on the 23 and 24 and come home late Xmas eve to start work Xmas day.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog said:
I'd rather be back in york before dark. I'm planning on coming on the CC bike & i've no good lights to fit on that :ohmy: just my cheap cateye front
So I reckon we can cut out the BT ;)

Ok, then that sounds like the best plan. Nice to have time to sit over lunch in Pock.

Ok, so it looks like we'll arrive in Pock around 12-12.30. I suggest we meet CP and Bandini at the cafe - if we get there first we'll make a chalk mark on the pavement, if they get there first, they can rub it out....:evil:

By which I mean, whoever gets there first can bag a table and sit over a coffee...

I have a few spare rear backup lights, flashy ankle bands etc I can bring in case it does get dusky.

Top Bottom