Yorkshire posse, anyone up for December?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Evening all, did you enjoy it? :biggrin:

I last saw Bandini about 5 miles north of Beverley, as I turned round for home to try and outrun the rain (I didn't). :sad:

Now sat here having devoured the carrot cake (deelish) and slurping my way through a pint mug of Bailey's coffee. :thumbsup:

45miles all in, and the last mile was all off road. :biggrin: Slip-slidin' away I was, doing about 3mph max, skating around like a kipper on rollerblades.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Evening! Yes, I had a great time, we were pretty lucky with the weather again (just the one shower on us on the way out).

Here we all are gathering for the ride back. Special thanks to Spandex for pulling a face:

View attachment 5020

Just outside Pocklington there was a shout from the back and while Helen, Spandex and I rode on to the turning ahead, Solty, Velocidad and Mike disappeared into a gateway. Having sent Spandex back to ascertain that this wasn't a communal pee-break, we returned to find that Soltydog had had a visit from the fairy:

View attachment 5021

I especially liked the casual way he hung his bike up to fix it:

View attachment 5022

Still, it gave me the chance to admire the big flat East Yorkshire sky:

View attachment 5023

It was a bit of a wrench passing the Balloon Tree cafe both ways, especially with the sign advertising Sunday Roasts. I'll swear the Galaxy twitched towards the gateway each time.

I'll have to give the bike a clean - it's picked up a fair few pine needles from the little bit of cycle track. Or leave them to dry and drop off, and then hoover them up....

As ever, great company, a nice ride, and good food. Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Good to see faces old and new. Chapeau to Colly (the hard man) riding from Leeds to York, then to Pock, then back to Leeds!! :thumbsup:

I was a bit of a devil on the way back and, sort of, lead Bandini up the big hill instead of skirting round. Then the ......ahem.....weather struck, and we got a little.......moist! :biggrin:

No-one had any incidents though, and no-one fell over still clipped in - honest.:biggrin:

Not too bad though, and with all the major climbing out of the way it was a breeze rolling back down towards South Dalton where we parted company.:sad:

colly

Re member eR
Evening all.

Nice to see everyone and also some new faces.(mike.pembo and Bandini)

Hope you all made it home safe and sound. I got back somewhere between 4 15 and 4 30. freezing cold, aching like a good'un and with an *rse like a baboon. Must be something in the water over York way.

Just a couple of pics, in no particular order, from my
phone:

2myztah.jpg

Arch and Mike (pembo). Ready for the off and looking unreasonably cheerful.

14waaep.jpg

Assorted members of the group wondering what Arch is up to.

2evqfie.jpg

Soltydog and velocidad having just cleared the lot off the plates in front of them.

x4hgys.jpg

Comedypilot knowing full well that whatever Arch is looking for, she ain't going to find it.

nd37nn.jpg

I did check and the pot of gold was already gone.:ohmy:

2e55hl5.jpg

Random shot of a big church type building in York.

Thanks for organising again Arch and thanks for the damson and chocolate cake.

Bandini

ComedyPilot said:
No-one had any incidents though, and no-one fell over still clipped in - honest.:ohmy:

You swine!

Great ride today. Cheers CP - really enjoyed the company.

Great to meet some CC folk - I am sure I will see many of you again before too long.

:smile:

colly

Re member eR
Bandini said:
You swine!

Great ride today. Cheers CP - really enjoyed the company.

Great to meet some CC folk - I am sure I will see many of you again before too long.

I'll just ignore that.:ohmy::biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bandini said:
You swine!

At least he didn't mention the bit where I sat back in my chair and banged my head on the mantlepiece behind me.

Oh...

Blimey Colly, we only got back to York about 4ish, you must have been going some... Mind you my average speed has dropped steadily since July, must be some sort of reverse training technique.

I'm sorry I can't join you all on the night ride, maybe another time....

Now, January. Get thinking caps on. Spandex suggested we do a loop ride with a meal at the end, so as not to get all comfortable and warm and then get all cold again...

Bandini

colly said:
I'll just ignore that.:biggrin::biggrin:

Was that a reference to your lengthy journey? You looked remarkably at ease fro a man who had traveled so far!

Armegatron

Had a cracking time everyone, thanks for letting me join you all.

Arch, Im definatly up for something in January as long as its not the 8th (birthday :smile:) - and the loop with meal idea sounds great!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I wonder if our luck with weather can possibly hold - I know we had some slight dampness on the October run, but...:eek:

Thinking caps on for a nice run out in January, short enough to be performed entirely without the aid of a cafe halfway. (sounds like a good excuse for a slap up pub meal afterwards eh?)

Not the 8th, noted.

Bandini

I am up for meeting up again - obviously don't expect you to do Pock again, but if you can get within 25-30 miles of Bev or so? Can do any weekend in Jan, unless I have a big post Christmas workload backlog! So probably depends how many fine days I can get out over Christmas!

Top Bottom