You are not a proper cyclist unless you shave your legs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
I don't know about anyone else, but I hate being hairy. Thing is, if I start with the legs pretty soon I'll be shaving everything. I'd probably have to appear on some Channel 5 television show as being hairless as I saw a couple of years back. Naturalist who used to shave all his body hair - cut to him using a Phillips electric shaver on his balls. :biggrin:

I can see the attraction tho'.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I used to as a TT'er and only in the summer. Don't bother now as I'm not racing, but if out on the road bike, I usually wear bibs anyway...hairy and road bikes doesn't go. It's OK with baggies though !!

Too much hard work - and you need to stop about mid thigh - too far up...itchy !!!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Bic on the face, bic and Veet on the head.

Nowhere else - it'd take all weekend

Mind, our lass has threatened to 'do' my chest with a pair of tweezers!!:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Just went for a full leg wax yesterday - up until now I only shaved, I never had the courage to get waxed. It was fine, btw.

Oh, and anyone riding a bike is a cyclist.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Fab Foodie said:
Ha!
I have the same deal, the girls are amazed at how silky smooth and lurvely my legs are. Jealousy will get them everywhere!

Oh yes!!!! I just can't get enough of the comments, I'm such a tart!

yello

Disgruntled Goat said:
No, you are a proper cyclist when you own a track pump.

Darn! And there was me (and my hairy legs) reconciling myself to NOT being a proper cyclist.

I once thought about shaving the legs, mainly to look and feel part of a club, but decided against because... well, frankly it seemed like too much hassle for no real gain.

Rob S

I shave mine because it a) looks good with lycra shorts and :ohmy: makes putting on sunscreen a lot easier. I only wish my arms were less hairy because after just 30 minutes summer riding my lotioned arms have already trapped several tiny flies but the legs only collect dust.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Nope.
Dont see the point. I cant be botherd to shave my face most times.
I am lucky though, i have blond hairs on my legs though so it isnt too bad.
My shorts show my muscle tone and my lower legs still show muscle tone, because they are really big *out of dream mode*
:ohmy:

Hugo15

Über Member
I took the plunge at the weekend and shaved my legs for the first time. Could just do with a bit of sun on them now..... they are very white. Think I like the new look.

Joe

Über Member
How is that some cyclists legs are SO SHINY? Do they grease them up before leaving the house or something?:evil:

Top Bottom