You are not a proper cyclist unless you shave your legs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Joe said:
How is that some cyclists legs are SO SHINY? Do they grease them up before leaving the house or something?:evil:

Baby oil or moisturiser applied prior to coming going out. Make sure you wash it all off your hands if you’re off for a manicure. ;)

Joe

Über Member
gambatte said:
Baby oil or moisturiser applied prior to coming going out. Make sure you wash it all off your hands if you’re off for a manicure. :evil:
I take it that it's to try and blind anyone who is thinking of jumping on their wheel?;)

walker

I do shave my legs, but thats becuase its easier to clean up in case of a fall during racing, and its easier for the masseuse to massage ones legs.

that and I'd be the only one on the track that doesn't shave his/her legs

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm planning to shave one leg, and see if I like it for a few weeks.
Or I might shave "go-faster" strips into my calves....:thumbsup:

mondobongo

Über Member
Fnaar said:
Or I might shave "go-faster" strips into my calves....:thumbsup:

Nah what you want to do is shave the pattern of a chainring into it, I would but am a proper cyclist and shave my legs already.

Lycra shorts and hairy legs is the cyclist version of 3/4 length shorts and a football shirt.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I would entirely agree with your wife about noses etc.

Pasty white legs, not such a problem. If the brain/mind atop of the legs (as it were, steady on!) is interesting, who cares about the colour of the legs. :evil: Nice, strong, muscular arms, on the other hand :angry::blush::biggrin::ohmy:;)

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Fnaar said:
Or I might shave "go-faster" strips into my calves....:evil:

might be good if your commute follows a circular route?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh you do have to make sure there are no looong hairs escaping from the nose - gross.

As a hairy monster - it's too much trouble to shave the legs these days - if I was racing I'd do it, otherwise it's longs for me on the roadie.... plus your better halves will soon complain when you get prickly....

My hair grows fast, so have to shave the old face twice a day if I'd like to get a minimum of a snog off my better half !!! :evil:;):angry:

Trillian

Renard said:
aerodynamics - never heard of the effect of a rough hull/barnacles on a boat?

theres quite a large industry given over to anti fowl treatments to stop barnacles building up on sailing boats

I even brush the paint on with strokes running the length of my dinghy when I re-paint the hull.

I have shaved my legs in the past, the reason being the scabs and scarring also lessen the chance of an infected hair folicle or ingrowing hair

my knee would have healed up quicker apparently if i had shaved before the accident.

arms have thiner hair than legs.

mondobongo said:
Nah what you want to do is shave the pattern of a chainring into it, I would but am a proper cyclist and shave my legs already.

Lycra shorts and hairy legs is the cyclist version of 3/4 length shorts and a football shirt.
Oooh, that sounds like me. :tongue:
If I was a proper cyclist, I wonder how much further ahead of you I'd be on Cyclogs?
Heh...:smile::becool:

Top Bottom