You cannot outrun or ride a bad diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twinks

Über Member
Sadly yes. I suffered for years with no help from my doctor. Cutting both from my diet has eradicated all issues, verified with a few failed attempts to reintroduce those foods.

That must have been very difficult, at least at first, to source food without those ingredients and ensure good nutrition. Glad you have now found a way to manage it.

poynedexter

yes its how your body deals with the food. not calories in vs calories out. you may have a high base metabolic rate too (tick over).

yello

Seemingly, the report was suspended due to "an expression of concern" over "some undeclared conflicts of interests".

These undeclared conflicts of interest include Noakes – a long-distance runner – being the author of best-selling books such as The Real Meal Revolution.

(from http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/exercise-doesn-t-combat-obesity-study-suspended-by-journal/017813)

I enjoyed reading the comments on the road.cc article. Not as one-sided as they might have been several years ago.

I have read most of this thread but am still confused how to fuel on longer rides.

Most of what I do is carbs - (I can cut out the cake) - malted loaf, raisins, bananas etc.

What alternatives could I be having?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have read most of this thread but am still confused how to fuel on longer rides.

Most of what I do is carbs - (I can cut out the cake) - malted loaf, raisins, bananas etc.

What alternatives could I be having?

For long rides (100 miles+)
Egg and bacon sarnies.
Fish and chips
Beans on toast
or what ever I can get my hands on..

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Used to weigh North of 20 stone ( gave up weighing myself at this point!).

Seven years later, I'm under 12 stone and have been for a couple of years.

Not once did I diet during that period, just plenty of weightlifting, walking, Badminton and, more recently, cycling.

Yes I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables etc. but I also consume chocolate, cake and ice-cream.

So, you could say I'm a little biased and take such articles with a pinch of salt - literally!

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Rubbish. My diet is awful, truly awful.

Before cycling I was 15 stone, I now bounce between 12 and 13. Never changed my habits.

One or the other, or both work for weight loss.

For overall health, I agree you need both.

I don't think it's rubbish you may have a high metabolism which would explain this

Top Bottom