You cannot outrun or ride a bad diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
not exercise but diet is key to weight loss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-32417699

Yep. Found this out myself last year.

Bodhbh

Guru
It is hard work to burn off weight via exercise. It is much easier to watch what your eating. It's bullshit that exercise is not an option.

But then I guess they dumb it down in case everyone will go off message and eat pies all day and think a ten minute walk on a Sunday will burn it off.

wormo

Guru
What they are trying to say is that you can't have a poor diet and expect to be able excercise the extra calories off. Good diet and excercise go hand in hand. Found out to my cost as this is what I used to do.

potsy

Rambler
Does this mean when I have been walking to the chippy for my pudding, chips, peas and gravy instead of driving I am not having a 'free lunch' afterall? :cry:

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Calories in, calories out. It's really not that hard, is it?

If I expend approximately 1000 extra calories on a longish bike ride and consume an extra 800 calories as a consequence, I'm gonna lose weight in the long term, am I not?

Or am I missing something?

tyred

Legendary Member

If I expend approximately 1000 extra calories on a longish bike ride and consume an extra 800 calories as a consequence, I'm gonna lose weight in the long term, am I not?

I think you must be missing the fact that boring common sense headlines don't sell newspapers!

Tin Pot

Guru

You are indeed missing something.

It is actually worth reading the article this time.

Why? Were they throwing frisbies to the passers-by? :tongue:

Yep! :okay:

upload_2015-4-23_19-20-17.jpeg

Top Bottom