You know you are getting old when ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Ignore him, he's just some 'know it all' Posy kid who keeps hanging around hoping to learn summat from us old timers!:biggrin:

:laugh:

"I am older and I have more insurance" (from Fried green thingies at the whatjamacall it cafe."

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry and you are ?
He's just someone who feels really chuffed when he beats a fat old man up hills on his bike! He won't be smiling when the newly skinny old man beats him up the hills in October ... :thumbsup:

PS In fact, we had an already skinny old man with us on our ride on Sunday and he was dropping Whatever-His-Name-Is every time the road went uphill - hah!

Brains

Legendary Member
You know you are old when ...

Last week we had two 34th Birthdays on my Software team.
One was my oldest developer
The other was mine, celebrating the number of years I've been in the business!

potsy

Rambler
He's just someone who feels really chuffed when he beats a fat old man up hills on his bike! He won't be smiling when the newly skinny old man beats him up the hills in October ... :thumbsup:

PS In fact, we had an already skinny old man with us on our ride on Sunday and he was dropping Whatever-His-Name-Is every time the road went uphill - hah!

What year? ;)

As I've already explained, the designated photographer has to stay at the back, unlike the navigator who should be making all efforts to get to the front :tongue:

Phil- It was 102 miles actually :tongue:
NT- :tongue:
Speicher- :tongue:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

What year? ;)

-ish

As I've already explained, the designated photographer has to stay at the back, unlike the navigator who should be making all efforts to get to the front :tongue:
It would be more tempting for the designated navigator to head towards the front of the group if the designated photographer wasn't lurking behind ready to take incriminating photographs of the designated navigator's sumo belly or fat a*se every time he did so! :blush:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

When you comment to your wife about the film you've just seen only to be informed not only had you seen it before, but had made exactly the same comment on it then too.
I can beat that!

One Monday evening, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller. It wasn't bad, not quite as entertaining as I'd hoped though.

A few days passed ... Friday evening, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller. It seemed vaguely familiar, but I stuck with it for an hour. No, it seemed really familiar and I was anticipating every twist in its complex plot. It took me another 20 minutes to remember that it was the same DVD I'd rented 4 days earlier!

Two weeks later, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller, walked out of the shop and got 50 yards up the road only to stop dead in my tracks and do the mightiest facepalm of my life ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! :blush:

(I could make excuses about being very distracted by family, personal and work issues, but the same movie 3 times in just over a fortnight - come on CJ!)

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
The other day I put my card into the chip and pin machine and realised I had forgotten my pin. I have had the card for 3 years! I panicked and still couldn't remember, so I ended up paying with my emergency credit card and the woman behind the till almost called security because she was so suspicious! She wouldn't accept the excuse of, "I'm sorry, I'm incredibly stressed and I feel like my head's about to explode". Not even remotely sympathetic ...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I was issued with a new debit card and thought that I'd cut up the old one. I put the new card in the machine and it got swallowed up so I phoned the bank and they sent me a new one.

The same thing happened again - twice!

It was only when I noticed that I had two cards in my wallet that I realised what was happening. (I kept putting the previous card in. When I got the new one, the bank cancelled the old one. I must have always picked the old now-invalid card at random, not realising that the new, valid one was behind it!)

potsy

Rambler
Colinj- Are you sure you should be allowed out unsupervised? ;)
I quite often watch a film and get a good hour into it before realising I've seen it before, same with books, read the blurb on the back and think 'that sounds interesting' get it home and remember I've already got/read it :rolleyes:

Top Bottom