You know you are getting old when ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I can beat that!

One Monday evening, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller. It wasn't bad, not quite as entertaining as I'd hoped though.

A few days passed ... Friday evening, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller. It seemed vaguely familiar, but I stuck with it for an hour. No, it seemed really familiar and I was anticipating every twist in its complex plot. It took me another 20 minutes to remember that it was the same DVD I'd rented 4 days earlier!

Two weeks later, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller, walked out of the shop and got 50 yards up the road only to stop dead in my tracks and do the mightiest facepalm of my life ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! :blush:

(I could make excuses about being very distracted by family, personal and work issues, but the same movie 3 times in just over a fortnight - come on CJ!)

Earlier this year, I bought a novel which sounded interesting. I was half way through it and seemed vaguely familiar but I couldn't figure out why. Then I realised that not only have I read it before, I have another copy sitting in my book case. It's not the first time I've done that with books.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
One Monday evening, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller. It wasn't bad, not quite as entertaining as I'd hoped though.

A few days passed ... Friday evening, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller. It seemed vaguely familiar, but I stuck with it for an hour. No, it seemed really familiar and I was anticipating every twist in its complex plot. It took me another 20 minutes to remember that it was the same DVD I'd rented 4 days earlier!

Two weeks later, nowt much on TV so I walked down to the local video rental shop. I rented a rather exciting sounding thriller, walked out of the shop and got 50 yards up the road only to stop dead in my tracks and do the mightiest facepalm of my life ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! :blush:

(I could make excuses about being very distracted by family, personal and work issues, but the same movie 3 times in just over a fortnight - come on CJ!)

Wasn't Groundhog Day was it Colin? :smile:

Oh I do that quite a lot, also if a customer asks me to do or order something I have to write it down there and then otherwise I forget. I am terrible at remembering people so I will be walking thorough town and find myself in a conversation with someone who has recognized me and I have no idea who they are.

Also I have driven into town to go and get something in particular then returned with everything except the very thing I went there for in the first place.

like you i drove into town parked on morrisons car park did a few things in the town ..then walked home..totally forgot the car and couldn't understand where it was when i got home!:blush:

like you i drove into town parked on morrisons car park did a few things in the town ..then walked home..totally forgot the car and couldn't understand where it was when i got home!:blush:

A little while ago, I returned to Manchester airport from a business trip, as I regularly did, and hopped on the courtesy bus to the car-parks. I went to where my car was parked only to find it was not there.

Kindly bus driver drove me up and down every aisle but there was no sign of it anywhere.

It was then that it dawned on me that I had taken a taxi to the airport and the car was on the drive at home
blush.gif

A little while ago, I returned to Manchester airport from a business trip, as I regularly did, and hopped on the courtesy bus to the car-parks. I went to where my car was parked only to find it was not there.

Kindly bus driver drove me up and down every aisle but there was no sign of it anywhere.

It was then that it dawned on me that I had taken a taxi to the airport and the car was on the drive at home
blush.gif

lol at least your's was ON the drive when you got home :whistle:

Stephenite

Membå
On my way back from a shopping trip once. Thought i'd take the bus back instead of walking as i'd bought quite a lot of stuff. The bus didn't turn up, but it's every 10min so it's OK i'll wait for the next. That didn't turn up either, and neither did the next. We had grown to quite a large crowd of people by this stage, a few of us sharing our disgruntlement. When the bus finally turned up, and queuing to board, I put my hand in my pocket for change - and found my car keys! :blush:

I said 'See you later' to my new friends and walked off in the opposite direction.

On my way back from a shopping trip once. Thought i'd take the bus back instead of walking as i'd bought quite a lot of stuff. The bus didn't turn up, but it's every 10min so it's OK i'll wait for the next. That didn't turn up either, and neither did the next. We had grown to quite a large crowd of people by this stage, a few of us sharing our disgruntlement. When the bus finally turned up, and queuing to board, I put my hand in my pocket for change - and found my car keys! :blush:

I said 'See you later' to my new friends and walked off in the opposite direction.

I put my forgetful moment down to the fact that i nearly always walk to the town, and drive very little now...absolutely nothing to do with getting old :whistle::biggrin:

Chilternrides

Hit a new low recently :whistle:

Couldn't figure out why my debit card was rejected at a Tesco hole in the wall.

"Card cannot be read"

Hardly surprising as it was my Oyster card.

It wouldn't be so bad except when I bent down to read the screen it said "Tesco Supports The Alzheimer's Society." :sad:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I went to Tesco, came out & automaticaly walked towards the child/disabled parking area, looked round couldn't see my car..small panicy feeling, then noticed it parked in next lane, "Silly me I don't even have my children with me today!!" I chuckled to myself, as I walked over, I arrived & pressed my blipper, nothing happened, no flick of lights or sound of door unlocking.. another small panicy feeling started, stood there for several moments, not quite sure what to do, considered going bcak into to Tesco to buy new battery for my blipper thingy, then it dawned on me I was stood in front of Renault, just like the one I has sold a week earlier & I now drive a Ford!!

bobg

Über Member
Rode my bike round to the Post Office a few weeks ago, locked it securely, came out, walked home. Went to the LBS the following day which is just over the road from the P.O. Was standing outside chatting to a friend and... " hey John. thats amazing, theres a Moulton just the same as mine outside the Post Office...." Still took a couple seconds before I realised...

Actually, joking apart, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this on CC before .

Top Bottom