You know you're a cyclist when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dmcd33

When you get a great sense of satisfaction at "tweaking" and "cleaning" your Bike. Especially on that first ride out in the morning to work when the gears are smooth and everything is doing what it should (no creaks, cleats clip in nicely!)

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

You get turned on by the smell of GT85

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
When you check the weather forecast for tomorrow, you only notice the wind speed and direction.

Used to do a regular ride home from work of some distance (once every week or two). Living South West from work, last thing we wanted was to be battling the wind all the way. Hence checking the weather forecast to pick a suitable day would be based more on wind direction than rain.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
When you check the weather forecast for tomorrow, you only notice the wind speed and direction.

Used to do a regular ride home from work of some distance (once every week or two). Living South West from work, last thing we wanted was to be battling the wind all the way. Hence checking the weather forecast to pick a suitable day would be based more on wind direction than rain.

I check for wind speed and direction (including gusts), so when I head for home/work I know how long it will roughly take me, and so I can prepare myself for spinning into the headwinds, which seemed to be most of this past winter..!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Actually, I pay no attention to wind speed and direction when checking the weather forecast before any ride. All I care about is how much rain there will be, so I can decide if shoe covers and mudguards are warranted or not. Apart from that, the weather is irrelevant to my rides (or at least the commuting ones).

Luddite Joe

Über Member
I had one of my wisdom teeth taken out this week, and my first thought as the dentist showed me my sorry looking tooth, was 'I wonder how much of a weight saving that is?'
:blush:
Sad, but true.

Top Bottom