You know you're a cyclist when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
You can anticipate the potholes on your well-travelled routes.
Your legs seem to be at least a little stiff EVERY day.
You spend an inordinate amount of time looking at weather websites.
You want a new bike; you tell yourself you 'need' a new bike; so you post on cyclechat in the expectation that almost everyone will cite the n+ 1 rule, providing the encouragement you seek.

nappadang

Über Member
You get grief off your wife because the only question you ask the family you're about to visit is whether they have a bike I can borrow.
Can't transport mine so I thought this was a perfectly reasonable question to ask people I've only ever met twice. The black eye and Broken nose would suggest I may be wrong.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
When you have a 20-30 year old bike in the garage cant bear to get rid of it in case I might do it up

When you've got a 45 year old bike in the shed that you have done up, spent far to much money on, will never recoup the investment in a billion years and you don't know what to do with it now it's finished. I don't know anyone like that.

LimeBurn

Über Member
I'm glad you posted this, I knew I was a cyclist when my wife slapped me for looking at a pretty lady in snug lycra, the thing was I'd not even noticed it was a female I was just admiring the carbon she was on.
Sweat used to bother you and now you cycle through cow muck without a second thought (I've just done this)
You find yourself eyeing up bikes instead of the people on them
You wish you worked further away just to have a longer/nicer route
You only check the weather forecast for wind
You become an expert on the non-existance of 'road tax'

(There may be a thread like this already but I can't be arsed looking)

LimeBurn

Über Member
When you've got a 45 year old bike in the shed that you have done up, spent far to much money on, will never recoup the investment in a billion years and you don't know what to do with it now it's finished. I don't know anyone like that.
I know someone like that...........Me!!!

Top Bottom