You know you're a cyclist when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
You know you're a cyclist when the reason you delete your browser history after every 'session' is so mrs Plumtree doesn't see all the gorgeous looking frames you've been drooling over online. :rolleyes:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Yes, just have Black Friday, retailers (those not actually working in retail) love it ! Sure, you've got to give people a couple of days off, but it's considered vital, for some reason, over here. Due to the bushels of money people make from it. I remember my employees complaining about Black Friday, until I showed them how much they had made for themselves that day. I ran photographic stores for many years. Black Friday results would often provide us enough money to get through January and February, then in March people would start taking more pictures and our regular income would take back over. In our case, we had lots of equipment buying and lots of film processing going on, until the day or two after Christmas, then all would drop to nothing.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
A ticket?
Yes. My LBS sends out a ticket via the post. It has the schedule as to when prices change. 8-10 is 25% off, 10-12 is 15% off, 12-2 is 10% off. I'll show up at 8:00, because I've been putting off buying some cycling shoes until now, because they are quite expensive. EUR 49-50 size cycling shoes aren't just everywhere, either.

bpsmith

Veteran
You look for a new casual shirt and it has to be bike related in some way.

The missus has just treated me to the Ted Baker Bikegeo shirt for Chrimbo. :smile:

- when sex comes a distant second
- when a family holiday has an hidden agenda that involves a borrowed bike
- when your latest quarrel with the other half involves cycling
- when you line up next to a HGV in a turning lane
- and you ride off at the same time and speed of the HGV

S.Giles

...you cycle 37 miles even though you have the return part of a train ticket in your pocket!

(Yes, I've done it.)

Steve

Top Bottom