You know you're old when.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
You know you're old when....
I have just spent two hours trying to find out why the cotton keeps on breaking on my sewing machine
someone (me) put th needle in the wrong way round
(note to self the flat bit goes to the back, not the front)

D

Deleted member 26715

you know when your old when a youngster says Robbie Williams and Take That where his era and your own era was ten years before that
Only 10 years, Take That & Robbie are only whipper snappers, Getting old is watching Quadraphenia & remembering those days only too well.

Alan...

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
when you turn over to a program presented by a guy called nick grimshaw (had to look that up) and dont recognise him or have a clue who his so called celeb guests are....and i'm only 32!

Berties

Fast and careful!
When you've worked your way through the bbc radio channels from 1 to 4 and get excited by the Archers

Brains

Legendary Member
Doom and gloom discussions about blackouts in 2015 on the telly now.
Yeah right, been there, done that.
It's a repeat of the 3 day week they really want to worry about.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Shudder as I remember the three day week, and bread shortages. I have to admit my son was brand new. You know when your getting old when you see a trailor for celebrity big brother and after every name is mentioned you say. Who. ?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I had a classic 'You know you're old' moment the other day. Went to the opticians, had my pre sight test test, then a very young lady came & asked me to follow her upstairs for my eye test. My thought was that this young slip of a lass was the office junior & was taking me to the optician, but yes you've guessed it, she was the optician :blush:

Top Bottom