You look ridiculous.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I was just about to go on a ride, all dressed in lycra , jersey etc.... when I said to my wife to possibly expect a delivery when I am out. "What have you ordered ?" she said. "Only some cycling glasses, they look cool." to which she replied; " You will only look even more ridiculous!" By the way, they are the glasses I mentioned in another thread and they haven't come yet.
Do you also get sarcastic comments from members of your family when you are dressed as a cyclist?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Of course. It's all part and parcel of us lycra'd up cycling God's.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I tend to never go in shops or stuff when lycra'ed up. On the MTB weekender in October, on the way back from Coed-y-Brenin (bikes on the car - soggy gear in the boot), we stopped off some 'supplies' at a small corner shop in Ffestiniog. Now, I was lucky enough to have some spare trackie bottoms, but one of 'the others' (not named - pay me money for the reveal :whistle:) only had a t-shirt and his lycra bibs available (we'd had to strip off the damp and muddy outer layers).

Given this was the middle of Wales, I thought he might get 'murdered' :laugh: for dressing like that. He survived with his snacks, and I got a bottle of wine and an anniversary card for my folks (that I'd forgotten to get) so all was well.

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Had a bit of a shocked "did you shave your legs?" many years ago.

Would be something said if I hadn't now :laugh:

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Well I know this is how I'd look:

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I tend to never go in shops or stuff when lycra'ed up. On the MTB weekender in October, on the way back from Coed-y-Brenin (bikes on the car - soggy gear in the boot), we stopped off some 'supplies' at a small corner shop in Ffestiniog. Now, I was lucky enough to have some spare trackie bottoms, but one of 'the others' (not named - pay me money for the reveal :whistle:) only had a t-shirt and his lycra bibs available (we'd had to strip off the damp and muddy outer layers).

Given this was the middle of Wales, I thought he might get 'murdered' :laugh: for dressing like that. He survived with his snacks, and I got a bottle of wine and an anniversary card from my folks (that I'd forgotten to get) so all was well.
Who was this? Name names.....

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I was just about to go on a ride, all dressed in lycra , jersey etc.... when I said to my wife to possibly expect a delivery when I am out. "What have you ordered ?" she said. "Only some cycling glasses, they look cool." to which she replied; " You will only look even more ridiculous!" By the way, they are the glasses I mentioned in another thread and they haven't come yet.
Do you also get sarcastic comments from members of your family when you are dressed as a cyclist?

Folks used to pass comment upon my tweed plus fours, but I've got a special glare now, for those who look like they might be about to start...

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom