You look ridiculous.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keep away from red bibs! ALWAYS!

we have a full length mirror by the front door, its not good ...

Mike_P

Guru
There's a simple solution to the male frontal issue, a pair of cycling shorts stuffed in the back pocket to don when appropriate.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am sure most people can find a dislike in others style of dress, sad really. Cycling was designed for lycra, embrace it and stand proud.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Mrs B says I look better in lycra than many she has seen. Her main comments have been about my shorts and bibs, which she describes as, "Leaving little to the imagination."
Personally I couldn't give a stuff. I wear what I want.

mustang1

Guru
I was just about to go on a ride, all dressed in lycra , jersey etc.... when I said to my wife to possibly expect a delivery when I am out. "What have you ordered ?" she said. "Only some cycling glasses, they look cool." to which she replied; " You will only look even more ridiculous!" By the way, they are the glasses I mentioned in another thread and they haven't come yet.
Do you also get sarcastic comments from members of your family when you are dressed as a cyclist?
Yes, always. But deservedly so coz I'm fat and deserve it.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Of course immediate family take the p*ss. I'm fine with it, although I get very self-conscious about wearing lycra if my parents see me.

Otherwise, the only issue I've had is after getting home from an evening commute and was immediately tasked with driving to the Brownies hall to drop off my daughter and some equipment. Thought I was being clever dropping it at the door, but one of the mums saw me and has spent over 3 years commenting on 'equipment'!!!

Top Bottom