You look ridiculous.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wore Lycra for a short time when it first came out. Wasn’t impressed, so I’ve worn natural fibres ever since.
silk - for that special feel?

roley poley

Über Member
I wear a Hi-Viz top and ankle band to keep my pants out of the chain easy to lose em before they become out of context in the pub or supermarket I still look daft anyway but am too old to care

Brandane

Legendary Member
I must be such a shrinking violet then, because I DO care how I look to others. Lycra in a cafe or restaurant, or wandering around shops? Or actually, anywhere other than on a bike; seriously males, it is NOT a good look, no matter how athletic you might think you are.

I know a far far worse horror than that but can never find it anymore. I think it was bleached from the web. It was a team from the tour of sardinia. Will return if i unearth it.
while i search for the possibly scrubbed horror, I give you this from an edition of the same event.

screenman

Legendary Member
I must be such a shrinking violet then, because I DO care how I look to others. Lycra in a cafe or restaurant, or wandering around shops? Or actually, anywhere other than on a bike; seriously males, it is NOT a good look, no matter how athletic you might think you are.

I thought we were talking about cycling, I guess you would not wear Speedo's to swim in.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Clearly something about that event.

Same year.

But fear not, if I find the one I'm after it will top these. View attachment 521683

20200512_130458.jpg

I'd look like that too, if my genitals had been spread that thinly across my lower torso. Looks like a bag of new potatoes that the delivery van reversed over.

"Bemused resignation" I think that look is called, or "Why did I have to end up in this sport again?"

Mind you, he should be happy he has some spuds, unlike the three mangina owners on the left.

Last edited:
:smile:

yes I thought a few of them looked a bit sheepish - some teams i think should have it written into their contracts that they will only wear their strip on the bike and are absolutely not to be paraded in it.

That pic put me in mind of something I read recently in an I assure you serious book which mentioned camel-toe underwear for women - also came as news to me that such stuff existed.

That revived event only ran for three years (2009 to 2011) but am still having trouble finding pics of the team standing on the platform I am sure I didn't imagine. I was there for its full horror.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I thought we were talking about cycling, I guess you would not wear Speedo's to swim in.
No I wouldn't. Another very bad look.
And... some of us use a bike as a form of transport. To work, to visit people, meet up with people, visit places, etc.. The lycra might be ok (just), while on the bike, but FFS have some decency and cover up when off it. Same goes for speedos, they might be fine while in the water, but at some point you've got to come out...

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
No I wouldn't. Another very bad look.
And... some of us use a bike as a form of transport. To work, to visit people, meet up with people, visit places, etc.. The lycra might be ok (just), while on the bike, but FFS have some decency and cover up when off it. Same goes for speedos, they might be fine while in the water, but at some point you've got to come out...

Sure as hell I am not getting chnanged before I get out of the pool, that would be very odd.

Top Bottom