You look ridiculous.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

And

Fun sponge
Do you also get sarcastic comments from members of your family when you are dressed as a cyclist?
Well, as the rest of my family dress like this, generally not :okay:
(this is the top of Mam Nick from Edale side)

winjim

Smash the cistern
I guess it took me a while to be comfortable walking around work in lycra. The office dwellers - mostly harmless. The factory workers were a bit sharper with their observations.
You've got that the wrong way round. It doesn't matter if I feel comfortable. It matters if my colleagues feel uncomfortable.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The problem I find with wearing tight fitting lycra is fighting off the hordes of nubile young women.

I'm sure many other men in their 50s share the same problem.

Has to be said: Ladies look great in lycra. Gents look ridiculous.
Certain truth in this, though not absolutely all women.
As for the main question, i did for a fair while think men looked somewhat questionable in lycra. Seem to remember that it was, many years ago on a ride, was a woman who pushed the view to me that it was just more comfortable on longer rides. And so it is.
I don't care what anyone thinks. Have been told once or twice that i look a bit ridiculous but just reckon they are folks suffering from a severe lack of endorphins

Kryton521

Über Member
Only when passing k**bheads. They think they are original or worse actually witty.

On a side note, I tend to wear bland boring colour{?} so get dressed up in really bright cycling clothes.

Top Bottom