"you ride here"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudi

what a knobber.

didnt even gain anything by acting like a plank.

It's obvious he overtook and pulled back in again just to make the (stupid) point that he though you should be riding in the gutter.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
A tosser, but at least he held back at the island, and when he did overtake, he left enough room. Just very annoying more than anything else.

Cab

Clearly dangerous, clearly identifiable, and distinctive appearance and voice. Take this one to plod.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
It doesn't look like a plod matter to me, the actions of an ignorant t*sser, yes, but doesn't look particularly dangerous to me.

Mind you, it's hard to tell from a camera, did the OP feel endangered?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Panter said:
It doesn't look like a plod matter to me, the actions of an ignorant t*sser, yes, but doesn't look particularly dangerous to me.

Mind you, it's hard to tell from a camera, did the OP feel endangered?
nope, as others have said the overtake was good despite the traffic conditions ahead and he did slow down at the island.

Cab

Highway code 162. He might have given space to overtake safe-ish, but there wasn't room in front to make that appropriate. Tell plod.

Edit: And 167, it clearly caused conflict, and thats a 'DO NOT'.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
He might have given you room when he did overtake, but I don't think the drivers coming the other way would have been hugely impressed with him. And surprise, surprise, the overtake got him ......errrr.....nowhere.

I've reduced the amount of 'afters' I have with drivers, particularly over the past year or so. It's not so much out of fear of reprisals as that the interactions are rarely an uplifting and rewarding experience.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
That's a good point Bollo. I consider that I've failed if I have a seriously negative interaction with drivers. Success for me is managing to calmly and quietly put my point across in a way that makes the driver think again. I'm not so good at that though.

Origamist

Legendary Member
That Contour is nice, Gaz. I thought some of your earlier vids looked a bit underexposed, but that clip looked better.

One tip to CCers who want to remonstrate with drivers in traffic - position yourself away from the vehicle and forwards (more towards the bonnet) to give yourself escape room if they choose to deliberately open the door on you whilst exiting the vehicle.

thomas

the tank engine
Origamist said:
That Contour is nice, Gaz. I thought some of your earlier vids looked a bit underexposed, but that clip looked better.

One tip to CCers who want to remonstrate with drivers in traffic - position yourself away from the vehicle and forwards (more towards the bonnet) to give yourself escape room if they choose to deliberately open the door on you whilst exiting the vehicle.

More towards where they can just put their foot down and run you over? :tongue:

Top Bottom