Young Eds' 15psi tyre! :O

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
We have bikes here with no inner tubes, as do I expect a lot of guys.
I reckon some of us even have bikes without wheels.:whistle:

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Thanks Ed!
You even got 7 pages out of this lot, well done!
haha cheers
i think i will buy my bow jo...... pump online to save some embarrassment when i go and ask for the wrong thing! :biggrin:
so if i am not to trust the gauge on any pump should i also get a handheld tester like in my hollywood movie? :P
Cheers Ed

Profpointy

Legendary Member
haha cheers
i think i will buy my bow jo...... pump online to save some embarrassment when i go and ask for the wrong thing! :biggrin:
so if i am not to trust the gauge on any pump should i also get a handheld tester like in my hollywood movie? :P
Cheers Ed

Ed, within reason doesn't really matter if guage is correct, but does need to be somewhat consistent. Thus, you pump your tyres up to a number corresponding to what it says on tyre - perhaps 100psi if 25mm 700c, a good bit less for wider tyres, then see how it rides - next time try a bit more - better or too bumpy ride. Once you've settled on what's best for you, then that's the number you want. Doesn't matter if 110 psi on gauge is really 95.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Ed, within reason doesn't really matter if guage is correct, but does need to be somewhat consistent. Thus, you pump your tyres up to a number corresponding to what it says on tyre - perhaps 100psi if 25mm 700c, a good bit less for wider tyres, then see how it rides - next time try a bit more - better or too bumpy ride. Once you've settled on what's best for you, then that's the number you want. Doesn't matter if 110 psi on gauge is really 95.
got ya
round here a need a hover bike these roads are **ite
Cheers Ed

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I wonder what pressure fat bikes run.

@JohnClimber has one, perhaps he could tell us.

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/any-other-fat-bike-riders-on-here.142562/#post-2788475

I'm not reading 7 pages, but to answer Pale Rider

Fat Bikes on 80mm+ wide rims on soft sand run about 7 to 8psi, but no gauge is that accurate at low pressures, so the finger and thumb squidge test normally works fine for me.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Looking at track pumps, I bought one of these when they were on offer at £20. Can't fault it. I did however buy a pump from Decathlon, to fit onto bike, that turned out to be a donkey (they no longer sell it). It's still on the bike til I can get something better at a decent price :becool:.

Top Bottom