Your best bike you owned?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Broke it rather than sold it, but this must be the best bike I have ever owned. It's a Dawes Vantage. My first tourer and stacks of memories
IMG_0161.JPG

up hill struggle

Isn't this like asking someone which of their children they like best?

neither, ive just listed my 2 on ebay

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Mobile so no pics. The bike that has lasted me longest and from which I've derived most pleasure is my Birdy Blue. It is still in bits in the shed awaiting the money to give it the major overhaul it needs and customising a bit that I want to.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
My bikes have kept on getting better as I get older, so my best one is always one that I still own, and I don't have any feelings about the ones that are in the past.

Bikes are for riding, not for dreaming about!

The best is yet to come.
I'm with Colin on this. My current best is my Bianchi but it will soon be replaced in my affections by the Surly I'm about to build up.

I still have a soft spot for the memories I have of riding one of these all around Stockport as a kid.
DSC07618.jpg

I got for my 10th birthday (I think) and I was still riding it 6 years later when a moped took over. It didn't fit properly by then but thank goodness my parents took the advice of the shop and bought it a bit bigger than I needed at age 10 so I could still ride it. My brothers bike didn't fit him by the time he got to age 14 and he got a second hand grifter, which we took great joy trying to destroy by building jumps. We never managed to destroy it, I managed to hurt myself many times, but the grifter was idiot proof!

up hill struggle

Grifter...... No competition!

now there's a blast from the past, happy days

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm with Colin on this. My current best is my Bianchi but it will soon be replaced in my affections by the Surly I'm about to build up.

I still have a soft spot for the memories I have of riding one of these all around Stockport as a kid.
DSC07618.jpg

I got for my 10th birthday (I think) and I was still riding it 6 years later when a moped took over. It didn't fit properly by then but thank goodness my parents took the advice of the shop and bought it a bit bigger than I needed at age 10 so I could still ride it. My brothers bike didn't fit him by the time he got to age 14 and he got a second hand grifter, which we took great joy trying to destroy by building jumps. We never managed to destroy it, I managed to hurt myself many times, but the grifter was idiot proof!
That's similar to the bike that I had in my early teens. I used to ride to school on it but unfortunately it was stolen from the school bike shed when I was 13. It was 20 years before I got another bike and I was astounded by how much bikes had improved in that time.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've still got the best quality bike I've ever owned(Cannondale Street Ultra) and my favourite ever one (Birdy Blue)

The one I regret selling (Pugeot drop bar converted to a fast flat bar commuter) I never took a photo of.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Not the best bike I've ever owned by a long shot, but the only one I've sold (well, gave away) and really regretted it - my first ever road bike, bought for me by my wife as a replacement for my knackered old commuting bike, a 1980s Puch Alpine. I loved that bike, still remember triumphantly getting back home from a modest 35 miles completely knackered when I started out :smile:

yellow_peril.jpg

Top Bottom