Your biggest climb?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Octet

Veteran
Climbed close to the highest point of the island I live on, approximately 100 m (328 ft) in the space of about a 0.6 miles.
So 10 or so percent... seems a lot harder then that :sad:

Lee_M

Guru
Some of you guys are just monsters!
I think I need to lose about 3 stone, 20 years and gain a granny ring!

Very impressed

GrasB

Veteran
I've done bigger climbs but this is one is one of the biggest climbs I do semi-regularly in Italy & it's one of my favourites.

Attachments

• Fav Climb.JPG
    Fav Climb.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 43

400bhp

Guru
Abit off subject but does anybody know the best way to cycle to southport from Manchester?

Trans Pennine Trail if you want paths

Lots of ways road wise if you don't. Head towards chorley if you want a few hilly bits. Head slightly south of Wigan than around Rainford if you want a reasonably short route.

OP
OP
craven2354

craven2354

Trans Pennine Trail if you want paths

Lots of ways road wise if you don't. Head towards chorley if you want a few hilly bits. Head slightly south of Wigan than around Rainford if you want a reasonably short route.

I was thinking a580 then a570?

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
The biggest continuous climb I've done was 4200ft in California (mt Hamilton.) it's not too hard at 6% all the way up for 20miles but it does take a while. My record is 1hr45mins.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Mont Ventoux, in June, from Malaucène. Apparently 5280ft ascent in 13.5 miles. A steady 1h52, so I'm not going to win any Tour de France stages. I'll have to go back and try from the Bédouin side. There is a certain satisfaction...

OP
OP
craven2354

craven2354

True - but that's my Saturday morning run (won't be doing it until 8th Sept now though!). Then back up Windle Edge through Catshaw and to Royd Moor nurseries cafe to finish the first half of the run.

Keep going - I struggled doing it in March this year but now it's OK. Where are you setting off from? - happy to coax you along one morning.

I'm setting off near Tameside hospital

john59

Guru
My biggest climb many years ago was from Granada, Spain, to the Pico del Veleta. Starting form around 700m to 3384m over approximately 40+ km, 2684m (8805ft) of ascent.

John

Top Bottom