Your bike in front of a col sign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
A disappointingly small col sign for the amount of effort required:
253.JPG

The sign at the bottom was much clearer and summed it up nicely:
260.JPG

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
A disappointingly small col sign for the amount of effort required:
View attachment 428251
The sign at the bottom was much clearer and summed it up nicely:
View attachment 428252
Mind you, less likely to get covered in bloomin' stickers. Signs on the more popular cols around here only last a couple of years before they look really tatty because of it. Makes I cross, it do.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
You mean bloomin' stickers like these?
285 Col du Platzerwasel.JPG

Just beat my personal height gain and altitude records that I set 3 days ago. My PBs now stand at 783m and 1,183m respectively. This was how it felt, though:
284 Totally shagged.JPG

Never mind. As a 57 year old 20 stoner, I'm claiming that as a veterans' super-heavyweight record....... unless anyone knows differently!

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
You mean bloomin' stickers like these?
View attachment 428685
Just beat my personal height gain and altitude records that I set 3 days ago. My PBs now stand at 783m and 1,183m respectively. This was how it felt, though:
View attachment 428687
Never mind. As a 57 year old 20 stoner, I'm claiming that as a veterans' super-heavyweight record....... unless anyone knows differently!
Yes, just like that!

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Three more for the pot -all on the "Route des Cretes" in the Vosges:
290 Le Breitfirst.JPG
292.JPG
296 Le Grand Ballon.JPG

If I'd had another hour I could have added two or three more, as the road runs rights along the ridge line along the high points of the Vosges. A great little road, apparently loved by Swiss motorcyclists and sports car owners from around Europe.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My 'col' for today was a ski station, but since there's no 'your bike in front of a ski station sign' thread, I'll just have to post this picture here. :whistle:

DSCN0340-1036x777.JPG

It's the Nistos ski station in the Haute Pyrénées, a less well known HC climb for cyclists. A nice one too: fir forests, mountain goats, and occasional views all the way past the north edge of the Pyrénées. The main climb is from about 600m up to 1600m.

classic33

Leg End Member
My 'col' for today was a ski station, but since there's no 'your bike in front of a ski station sign' thread, I'll just have to post this picture here. :whistle:

View attachment 429094

It's the Nistos ski station in the Haute Pyrénées, a less well known HC climb for cyclists. A nice one too: fir forests, mountain goats, and occasional views all the way past the north edge of the Pyrénées. The main climb is from about 600m up to 1600m.
That's a fake, has to be. I mean if it is a ski station, as claimed, where's the snow?

Top Bottom