Your bike in front of a col sign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
DSCN2418-777x1036.JPG

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
A longer ride today: 99km and 2655m climbing. I rode over the pair of cols Col de Soulor and Col d'Aubisque from both sides. The valley scenery between them really is superb.

DSCN2452-1036x777.JPG

DSCN2533-777x1036.JPG

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
2 more cols for today. Believe it or not, I'm starting to run out of major cols in this area, but I have no doubt there are many minor ones scattered around this area.
I wonder how dense the cols are around there. I go for the 1000m+ figure for major cols where I am, and reckon I've got about 25ish within 40 miles, though nothing over 1500m. Still, that's enough to keep me amused... mixed in with the smaller ones...

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'm breaking the rules again ( :rolleyes: ) but here in cycling-obssessed France, not just the col and ski station climbs have 'col' signs. This one is from the Plateau de Cambasque, which I rode up, before continuing my ride to climb up to the Pont d'Espagne.

DSCN2922-1036x777.JPG

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My 'bonus' col for the day. I rode an anticlockwise Col du Tourmalet loop: this is where you start somewhere in the Vallée de Gave, ride over the col west to east, ride down the Vallée de Campan to somewhere near Bagnères de Bigorre, then find some route back between the valleys.

While following my pre-prepared route between the valleys, I saw Col de Saoucède, which I hadn't even realised was on the route.

DSCN3011-1036x777.JPG

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
No more col photos from me for a while :sad:

I just rode my 29th consecutive day in the Pyrénées, totalling about 2200km horizontal and 49km vertical, and lots of cols, ski stations, and other climbs such as lakes or just high towns.

Now I have to head back to Australia and back to work again. :cry:

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member

I just rode my 29th consecutive day in the Pyrénées, totalling about 2200km horizontal and 49km vertical, and lots of cols, ski stations, and other climbs such as lakes or just high towns.

It's hard returning after such a trip, but it looks like you had a great time, and then you can start planning the next one... :smile:

172traindriver

Legendary Member

Whens your next visit?

Top Bottom