Your bike in front of a col sign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Taken on various tours:

ver03.jpg

aspin.jpg

airnimal01.jpg

From 26 years ago

IMG_0260.JPG

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I hope the weather improved as you descended towards Die. Vercors can be a very unforgiving place - I've been caught out there more than once - 35C and dry in Die, 20C and very wet on Vercors.

rualexander

Legendary Member
I hope the weather improved as you descended towards Die. Vercors can be a very unforgiving place - I've been caught out there more than once - 35C and dry in Die, 20C and very wet on Vercors.
Yes it chucked it down that morning in Vassieux and we delayed setting off until after a visit to the museum and lunch in a hotel, it was easing off by the time we got to the col, and dry down in Die.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Yes it chucked it down that morning in Vassieux and we delayed setting off until after a visit to the museum and lunch in a hotel, it was easing off by the time we got to the col, and dry down in Die.
Haha - not unusual. The annual rainfall totals roughly halve from Vassieux to Die. Last summer it was so hot for most of August in Die (35-40C) that I spent a lot of time up on the plateau (roughly 10 degrees cooler), but in August 2015 I only got up there a couple of times, as it was shrouded in cloud most of the time. It's stunning and other-worldly up there when the weather's kind.

Top Bottom