Your bike on a bridge pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes that was an impressive viaduct and trail, Colin. One of many of our highly enjoyable rides out together.

When this pesky COVID 19 virus is beaten we will most certainly repeat.

Here's a bridge I crossed the other day over the River Roch on my mtb at the derelict Crimble Mill in between Rochdale and Heywood. The site is earmarked for 250 luxury new houses under the Greater Manchester Spacial Framework Plan. There is lots of local opposition to it. Also a picture of the derelict Crimble Mill.

My usual route out from home and back for the first and last 4 or 5 miles of rides is the Rochdale Canal towpath. However, since the COVID situation and lockdown the towpath is too narrow to ensure safe social distancing. This has led me to seek out and discover some very quiet, local and quite obscure tracks to facilitate a variety of short local loops.

View attachment 522119

View attachment 522120
What a waste of a fabulous looking building

Milkfloat

An Peanut
20200517_084131310_iOS.jpg

A fairly unremarkable bridge, but nicely decorated. @dave r might know it.

D

Deleted member 1258

avecReynolds531

Veteran
All-City Super Professional on it's maiden trip on the bridge over the Great Ouse in Ely to Babylon.

View attachment 524600
Lovely bike - a beautiful frame.

a.twiddler

Veteran

My trusty Edinburgh Country Explorer on Acton Bridge Railway Bridge, in the village of Acton Bridge, next to the entrance to Acton Bridge Railway Station, not taken with a Bridge Camera, (pause for breath). Just wanted to see how many times I could get the word "bridge" in and still make sense. Should have panned left a bit in the first shot. Not far away is Acton Swing Bridge, which was built in around 1933 to carry the A49 over the river Weaver. This allowed salt boats of up to 500 tons to access the salt towns of Northwich and Winsford further upriver. This replaced a more ancient bridge. However, Acton Bridge was formerly called Acton in Delamere, to add to the confusion. So far I have not been able to find out the date of the name change, perhaps it was indeed around the time of the arrival of the railway.This bridge has a steep climb either side. A surprising number of cyclists whizzed past in both directions while I was taking these photos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom