Your Bikes in Front of Postbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
An excuse to go back again...
I was thinking when I was on the spot last week that at least I won't have to come here again! Bradford is great to explore on foot but isn't the most comfortable place to navigate by bike, and the Post Office is in the most awkward place possible.

However, you made me think that perhaps I could plot a ride that starts off down towards Bristol, picks up the Bristol-Bath cycle route east of the city, then heads through Bath and onto the Kennet and Avon Canal. If I continue on to Devizes, I can visit the Moonraker Pond, relevant to another Cyclechat challenge, before heading home through the Cotswolds past Westonbirt. My first draft comes out nicely at just over 200km, good for a DiY Audax. It would mean over 30 miles of non-road, so even slower than usual. Probably best done after a dry spell in late spring when there's a lot of bird life on the canal.

This sort of adventure is quite different to my usual style, so it's a good example of how these simple little threads can be such a creative influence.

hoopdriver

Guru
VR Postbox Bexhill-1.jpg

My bike behind a postbox - one of the old original Victorian ones (with the VR cypher) on the seafront at Bexhill, East Sussex

figbat

Slippery scientist
3FA4C1DE-ED15-4253-85E3-3A66A66280A5.jpeg

Harwell, Oxon

Top Bottom