Your Cycling Motivation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
I remember a kid in my son's youth band who used to cycle there with his euphonium in a trailer.
And a late colleague of mine - in her seventies - who would cycle on her shopper bike to the local orchestra with a French horn strapped to her back.

I'd like to say it saves me money, and it did to start with but then I bought two fancy (relatively speaking) bikes.

So my main driver is to avoid the tedious car commute. The trade off is a slightly longer commute on some days, but when traffic gets bad, and it often does, I save a LOT of time. However, cycling kills many birds with one stone. Cheaper than car, better for environment, no need for boring cardio at gym, fun, simple, liberating, healthy.

Bicycles are great social equaliser and make transport easier for the masses. I only wish more infrastructure was dedicated to them.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I remember a kid in my son's youth band who used to cycle there with his euphonium in a trailer.
And a late colleague of mine - in her seventies - who would cycle on her shopper bike to the local orchestra with a French horn strapped to her back.

I used to cycle to school with my Euphonium on the rack.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Not sure I agree with that bit. I'd say the social hierarchy in cycling based on how expensive the bike is, what sort of gear is being worn etc, is even more pronounced if anything than in general society.
This axe has been ground down to the point of it being useless: the thread is a positive, light-hearted look at what drives us forward, not a polemic on class war and all which holds us back. Give it a rest.

Top Bottom