Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some more fungi from last night and this morning's walk .
View attachment 487610

View attachment 487612

View attachment 487613

View attachment 487614

Then we spotted a nuthatch on the patio

View attachment 487615

A few years ago, I spent a morning learning about fungi with the parks trust in Milton Keynes

Did you know that the largest living thing is a type of fungi.

DNA testing shows a type of fungi can span a couple of square miles (from memory)

I just like the look of them

A few years ago, I spent a morning learning about fungi with the parks trust in Milton Keynes

Did you know that the largest living thing is a type of fungi.

DNA testing shows a type of fungi can span a couple of square miles (from memory)

I just like the look of them

I learned a bit about them when I did my Permaculture course. They are remarkable things.

I will read that with interest.

I live in Milton Keynes and whilst I have nature all around, its quite alarming how much land is now being turned over to housing and industrial construction.

there are new warehouses just along from junction 13 on the m1, they are absolutely massive, in volume and footprint. it makes me wonder where the wildlife has gone from these sites. to make matters worse, there is a massive housing development across the road from it so the wildlife have even less chance to move on.

those warehouses could (if technically possible) have the type of living roof that would allow birds and other wildlife to at least find an alternative but I doubt that would have been in the cost model.

something needs to change and quickly

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A damselfly from our walk this afternoon .

johnnyb47

Guru
Saw a dead Fox today on the side of the road 😕 On a positive note i had a lovely view of a Red kite flying just in front of me on my ride. Its was just in front and stayed me for a good 200 metres before veering off into the valley

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I think autocorrect kicked in on my post .

I’m putting my toast on the table: Common Darter

philk56

Guru
Where in Perth is this @philk56 ?

I'm in Perth in a couple of weeks on business and a stroll on the beach with my binoculars sounds nice
This is on the south side of the Swan River at a place called Point Walter, on the way towards Fremantle. It's one of my favourite spots in the city and has a sandbar where many birds come to wade and nest. There are many great places in Perth for wildlife, particularly birds. Where are you staying?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
This is on the south side of the Swan River at a place called Point Walter, on the way towards Fremantle. It's one of my favourite spots in the city and has a sandbar where many birds come to wade and nest. There are many great places in Perth for wildlife, particularly birds. Where are you staying?
Staying with my business associate at his place. Not sure where it is yet. I'll let you know and I'll take my binoculars

Top Bottom