Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Not seen one of these before, spotted it whilst trying to take the deer picture...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This morning's fungi

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There was a loud thump on the office window this morning caused by a pigeon strike. The bird was only stunned, but within seconds a sparrowhawk had pounced, finished it off and started plucking the feathers away.

Chris S

Legendary Member
A white fluffy bird with long black tail feathers flew into my window and then perched itself on my window sill.
I went outside about an hour later to see if I could see it again. Next door's cat had killed it and left it as a present for them on their doorstep.

D

Deleted member 26715

Couldn't get the phone out to film it but there was a buzzard & two magpies squabbling over a rabbit carcus, the buzzard was having non of it.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Great photo!
Impressively big beak - possibly a juvenile Great Black-backed gull?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I spotted a hedgehog in the garden last week so I've been putting food out for it. I've made a little tunnel to put the food dish in to stop the local cats stealing the food.

So tonight I got home in the rain & thought I'd check to see if anything was eating the food. I reached into the tunnel and pulled out the dish. It felt a bit heavy - surely I hadn't put that much food in it. When I got it right out I could see why - the hedgehog was sitting in the dish!

No photos as it's dark & wet and I slid the dish & 'hog back under cover again straight away.

Top Bottom